ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Manon from Cornell to Seton Hall per his agency on X

Hope to land Manon and obviously retain Richmond. Then Felton off the bench could make this a,formidable back court. Sha has good options in his game management.

I would be reluctant to play Addae-Wusu at the 4 except in certain situations. The Hall needs length in the froncourt. Godswill is decent start, but assuming a,reserve to start the season.

Reactions: BabyBlue and Harty9
The video that I watched shows a player with good instincts going to the rim. I believe those skills will be brought to a tougher league. Could he have more difficulty finishing? Sure, but we will have to see if he chooses The Hall.
My sigh was because another Seton hall player who can aggressively take it to the rim is just what Connecticut needs.
:oops:

I don't think so. He's probably only a legit 6'4& despite his reputation as a JYD, Wusu didn't crash the boards nearly as much as I would have hoped, on both ends.

Only one program in America has figured out the UConn Machine. They reside in South Orange.😁

What about the one that resides in Omaha? More wins against Hurley-led UConn than any other. Three more than Seton Hall, in fact.

Not sure if trades are legal yet, but I’ll gladly trade for a UConn outside shooter
For what it's worth, we were miserable at the end of the year. I don't think we shot even 30% from three. Arguably, our best three-point shooter is in the portal though.

Shooting 55.6% from three. He also comes with an awesome nickname "the Greek kid."

I think the transfer up is relative to the team any kid is playing on. And a lot of it has to do with what the coach can 1). See what the kid needs to work on and 2). Be able to improve that.

There will always be cases of players working out and not working out. Always.

But I don’t get the posters that enjoy noting the players that don’t work out and then become the warning of too much hype.

Like hey it’s Christmas tomorrow but don’t get excited! Remember the year you didn’t get what you wanted?

Reactions: hallwins
I think the transfer up is relative to the team any kid is playing on. And a lot of it has to do with what the coach can 1). See what the kid needs to work on and 2). Be able to improve that.

There will always be cases of players working out and not working out. Always.

But I don’t get the posters that enjoy noting the players that don’t work out and then become the warning of too much hype.

Like hey it’s Christmas tomorrow but don’t get excited! Remember the year you didn’t get what you wanted?
I think there are opportunities to pick up kids who are playing in a system that's bad for them, particularly if they are a good fit in the system you use. Reed was like that for us. The sense is that he'll be a much better player at Connecticut.

Assuming Manon and Richmond fall into place….Does Wusu slide over to the undersized four role that Dre held last year, with Richmond, Coleman and Manon as starters? Or one of the three (not Richmond) off the bench with Prince at the four?

Need that starter at the five with Godswill giving 10-12 minutes in reserve.
I'm not a fan of Wusu at the 4 at all. To be honest, I think if Richmond returns and Wusu does as well, Coleman starts the season in a 6th man role. I'd think Richmond Manon Wusu Prince and a starting caliber C that we get from the portal will make up the starting 5 with Coleman playing significant minutes off the bench at the 1, 2 and 3 positions

I can see Godswill being the backup C for us next year playing 10-12 minutes off the bench as well. At this point all he'd have to do is be better than NgaNga which is possible based on what I seen from him this past season. Unless Ozdogan makes a significant jump this offseason

Reactions: Twapilot1955
Unless he grows another 2-3 inches between now and the start of the season he should be considered a backup point guard, starting shooting guard or small forward in a pinch
I think he’s the backup for Wusu at the 3 and whoever we get at the 2.

With Elijah Fisher visiting now and Manon a strong lean, would we possibly take both??
They are both the size of a 3.
We only have 2 spots open and have only an incoming freshman at center right now.
One of those spots has to go to an established 5, right?
Unless 1 of our bench players will not be asked back?

Reactions: mbraue
He seems like more of a combo/scoring guard so I think it could impact Manon to some extent.
Manon is a guy who needs to have scorers around him. Hes a 3rd option at this level. This commit for vandy is a first / second option. It always could make an impact, but strikingly different player profiles

Reactions: Piratz
Wait—this kid was at Cornell for 4 years.

I think it’s all about $$ and playing time.
He can't play at Cornell because the Ivies don't allow grad students to play.

My question (and it may have been addressed elsewhere) is how many years of eligibility he has. His freshman year was 2020-21 and the Ivies didn't play that season. Presumably he has a redshirt year plus his extra COVID season.

That would really surprise me. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow. SHU was a STRONG favorite but not a lock from what I was being told.
I have stuff I can't share now which is why I said "that would really surprise me"

I do not have access to Trilly's paysite but someone just told me he changed his SHU is out to it's now SHU and Richmond.

Hope to land Manon and obviously retain Richmond. Then Felton off the bench could make this a,formidable back court. Sha has good options in his game management.

I would be reluctant to play Addae-Wusu at the 4 except in certain situations. The Hall needs length in the froncourt. Godswill is decent start, but assuming a,reserve to start the season.
Based on recent history, I don't count on any freshmen helping much. Despite the optimistic hype from fans [here], the over-hype plus the reality of the Big East play gives me pause.

Reactions: HallGuy23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT