ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati vs Florida headline 2017 Never Forget Games

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Cincinnati will play Florida and Seton Hall will face VCU in the second annual Never Forget Games, multiple sources told FanRag Sports.

The doubleheader will take place at the Prudential Center in Newark on Saturday Dec. 9th, 2017.

Official tip off times are yet to be determined.

Cincinnati and Florida are ranked 11th and 12th, respectively, in the FanRag Sports Top 25 while Seton Hall is ranked 18th. VCU is entering its first season under Mike Rhoades, who was an assistant when the Rams reached the Final Four in 2011.

READ: ANGEL DELGADO’S RETURN PUTS SETON HALL IN GREAT SPOT

Rhoades is likely remembered fondly by the VCU faithful, as he was a top assistant on the staff when the Rams went to the Final Four in 2011. He was the coach of the Rice Owls before accepting the position with VCU.

Prior to manning the helm at Rice, Rhoades spent a decade as the head coach of Randolph-Macon, a Division III basketball program. A member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, Rhoades led the program to four trips to the Division III equivalent of the NCAA Tournament. That also included three trips to the Sweet Sixteen.

Villanova beat Notre Dame and Pitt beat Penn State in last year’s event.

Jon Rothstein has been a college basketball insider for CBS Sports since 2010 and is the lead college basketball columnist for the FanRag Sports Network. He is also the host of the College Hoops Today Podcast via Compass Media Networks, which is available via iTunes. Rothstein is also a regular in-studio correspondent for both WFAN and CBS Sports Radio. He currently lives in Manhattan

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/cincinnati-vs-florida-headline-2017-never-forget-games/

Times are changing. Now other fans are discussing SHU as a team that will provide an opportunity to

"be another huge RPI opportunity for the Rams."

Last year the featured game started at noon and was followed by the second contest at about 230.

We will not be the featured game and to date no times have been released.

TV will call the shots.

FYI - Nova - Notre Dame was at noon on CBS

Pitt - Penn St was 2:30 on CBS Sports Network

If they want to keep people in the building, I think we'd be the second game.

If they want to keep people in the building, I think we'd be the second game.
Everybody left after the Villanova game last year. TV will certainly dictate the times. Given college football regular season will be winding down I see another noon start this year.

i guess this will be a game that will require separate purchase outside our season ticket inclusion package?

eh who knows. Cincy vs Florida is the better game. Not sure how their fanbases travel. I know im going to stick around to watch it.

I will too, whether it is the first or second. I just think having us go second gets the UC/UF fans in early, along with some SH/VCU fans. The second group gets bigger throughout the afternoon and you'll have some UC/UF fans stick around for our game as well.

Last year the second game was Pitt-Penn State, which had little to no local interest. All the Nova/ND fans left.

The first game last year was on CBS national before the army/navy game. The second game went to CBS sports network.

I will too, whether it is the first or second. I just think having us go second gets the UC/UF fans in early, along with some SH/VCU fans. The second group gets bigger throughout the afternoon and you'll have some UC/UF fans stick around for our game as well.

Last year the second game was Pitt-Penn State, which had little to no local interest. All the Nova/ND fans left.
UC and UF fans are probably gonna peace out to new york if their game is first. probably the only reason theyll come out anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT