ADVERTISEMENT

Classy Move by Willard & Pirates

Saying that allowing Adams' bucket had in impact in the final minute is silly to me. Why? Because our team is not well coached. We make so many careless turnovers, cannot hit FT's, we do not do enough to earn the right to win basketball games.

There were a slew of opportunities to play better, maybe even win today, or at home against Butler and Marquette, either game against DePaul, blah, blah blah... If Thompson didn't reciprocate the gesture by Willard, so what? Go beat them either way.

Now some want Willard to go screaming about Thompson and completely crap on the really classy moment for the Adams kid? Now that'd be classless. Go beat them.

This post was edited on 3/7 3:13 PM by Piratz

09 - There's a post above saying the move wasnt reciprocated bc no one respects willard. I was referring to that not the OP. I agree 100% willard got this right.

This post was edited on 3/7 3:22 PM by phi_pirates

This post was edited on 3/7 3:23 PM by phi_pirates

Originally posted by Old_alum:
Originally posted by chickenbox:
....Guess I'd rather be classless and winning than classy and losing .....

Truly??
Sure. It's what we're (rightfully) saying Georgetown is doing and I imagine most would still trade their situation for ours. At the end of the day, it's a basketball contest, not an etiquette one. There have been, currently are, and will continue to be plenty of less than classy coaches and programs that win a lot of games. While given the choice to win with or without class, I'd always take the latter. But it's not job one.

This post was edited on 3/7 4:37 PM by chickenbox

I live in Dc and the kid is truly loved by the team and the fans. I thought it was a class act and being at the game so did all of our regular Georgetown friends.

Originally posted by shu09:
Originally posted by SPK145:

Originally posted by hallsoccer03:

I angling to assume Georgetown was classless on this. SHU with the. 2 points would have been down 3 with 40+ seconds left and not fouling.
While I agree Georgetown should have let Seton Hall score 2 in order to even things up, Seton Hall did score 2 on its opening possession, so what's the difference? Your last sentence is completely wrong.

This post was edited on 3/7 2:34 PM by SPK145
This, and that layup Mobley made to open the game was basically uncontested.
100% disagree. By uncontested you are saying it was a gimme by Georgetown. That could not have been further from the truth. The Hoyas played tough defense and Mobley eventually got behind the D for the dunk. It was not uncontested it was earned.

My argument above has nothing to do with the result of the game and everything to do with sportsmanship. Or in this case the lack of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT