ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball fanbases ranked

Butler definitely deserves to be at least a level above Seton Hall and St. John’s

That's so weird that's not what I typed I thought 😂 Providence is the other missing, not shocked DePaul's ten fans didn't the cut tough.
I edited your response because Providence is listed.

Looking at the top line winning doesn't hurt nor being the only game in town for the most part .
Hall should be higher IMHO. Passionate fans despite a million pro sport alternatives.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Rutgers makes the “great list”? They have a spectacular home advantage in the RAC though it didn’t help the last 2 seasons. Nothing out of the ordinary about their fan base imo.

Not surprised by BE showing as basketball is really the only sport that matters at most of those schools.

That's so weird that's not what I typed I thought 😂 Providence is the other missing, not shocked DePaul's ten fans didn't the cut tough.
Providence is up among the "die hards" which surprised me, but like a lot of the original Big East teams they have a good following.

Success I'll believe it when I see it. All hype
Remains to be seen, but I think Cooley will get them good. He has a track record.

They were at most slightly overhyped last year. No one was picking them in the top 5. They were worse than people thought for sure, but I think most had them in the 7-9 range.

I would move Creighton up and notch or two. It is Omaha after all. After steaks and such, it is Blue Jay hoops. Providence is too high. Like Setonia, they have fanatics but they suffer the same "pro" halo bias with the Boston teams like we do in our region. Bottom line - what is revealing is the fan "status" the Big East teams have in comparison with the Power 5 conferences.

Nice find @CL82. So pleased to see the Huskies in the top tier. Nothing but natty's! You guys reloading or rebuilding? Lots of question marks as you head for the three peat.

Reactions: CL82 and halltheway
Nice find @CL82. So pleased to see the Huskies in the top tier. Nothing but natty's! You guys reloading or rebuilding? Lots of question marks as you head for the three peat.
The big question right now is whether Alex Karaban stays in the draft or not. Hurley has said he should stay in if he's drafted in the first round right now it looks like that could happen or he could be a second rounder. he had the best three-point shooting percentage in the combine and did well in the games. I suspect he goes.

We did well in the portal. Reed, and Mahaney were good pick ups for us. Reed, is a Sanogo like big and Mahaney is a guard that makes up some of what Cam Spencer and Tristan Newton brought.

Freshman Liam McNeely, Isaiah Abraham and Ahmad Nowell are all strong additions.

That said, we are replacing all five starters. Hurley hasn't been shy about the fact that he's going for a three-peat. But that is a really tough hill to climb with so many new pieces.

Rutgers makes the “great list”? They have a spectacular home advantage in the RAC though it didn’t help the last 2 seasons. Nothing out of the ordinary about their fan base imo.

Whoever put together the list looked at the RAC and thought loud building = great fan base without much thought as to what a "great fan base" really is.

to me, a great fan base and the labels above that are reserved for the most dedicated fan bases. Like, the Nebraska football fans who show up and sell out every home game even though the program has limped through the 21st century as a shell of its former self.

Your definition would knock most of the fan bases down a notch or two including among others, Uconn providence, Maryland, Nova and SHU. At least RU sells out it's building for the year is very loud and no opponents look forward to playing at the RAC. I agree with your Nebraska example. It contrasts with Uconn pre-Hurley with a half empty arena or their football stadium almost totally empty.

Your definition would knock most of the fan bases down a notch or two including among others, Uconn providence, Maryland, Nova and SHU. At least RU sells out it's building for the year is very loud and no opponents look forward to playing at the RAC. I agree with your Nebraska example. It contrasts with Uconn pre-Hurley with a half empty arena or their football stadium almost totally empty.
Lol, in the 2019–2020 season, UConn averaged 9200 in attendance. Capacity at the RAC is what 8000 maybe?

That said, I love seeing games at the RAC, it's an adorable small arena with all the fans on one side. You don't find that kind of intimate atmosphere available at many schools. Well, at least not at many DI schools.

The big question right now is whether Alex Karaban stays in the draft or not. Hurley has said he should stay in if he's drafted in the first round right now it looks like that could happen or he could be a second rounder. he had the best three-point shooting percentage in the combine and did well in the games. I suspect he goes.

We did well in the portal. Reed, and Mahaney were good pick ups for us. Reed, is a Sanogo like big and Mahaney is a guard that makes up some of what Cam Spencer and Tristan Newton brought.

Freshman Liam McNeely, Isaiah Abraham and Ahmad Nowell are all strong additions.

That said, we are replacing all five starters. Hurley hasn't been shy about the fact that he's going for a three-peat. But that is a really tough hill to climb with so many new pieces.

Karaban just announced he's coming back. We're going to be loaded next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT