ADVERTISEMENT

Court Concerns

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
I’m not that knowledgeable about turn around times but there is a Devils game at the Rock today at 2. At the X game we had a few players slip and I believe 1 came off the court. Not sure if they are related but afraid of a repeat of the Desi incident. Does anyone know the protocols

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HallGuy23
No. But it aint the first time we played after the devils.

And i dont know if dre slipped on sweat of if that spot is an issue.

I am worried about shooting, foul trouble, coming out like we did vs nova.

Media members got an email last night noting that they could not enter the arena the usual 2 hours prior to the contest. Instead I believe (email deleted) it only allowed entry to the media room 1/2 before the start of the game.

The Desi incident happened because it was over 60 that day in Providence and the warmth and poor HVAC in the building caused condensation to develop.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.
I fail to see why the outdoor temperature should anything to do with the controlled indoor temp. That just sounds like a lame excuse by the Dunk higher ups.

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
I fail to see why the outdoor temperature should anything to do with the controlled indoor temp. That just sounds like a lame excuse by the Dunk higher ups.
It’s a big factor. Warm weather outside translates to inside. Why do you think hockey rinks are always kept cold? What happens to your glass or can when you have a cold drink when it’s warm? Condensation!

And I’m not someone who was ever referred to as Mr. Science! And you obviously never attended any of the SHU games that were played at South Mountain Arena!

It's absolutely a factor. I've played basketball on indoor courts where it is unusually warm/humid outside and there's condensation on the floor.
CYO courts and the climate controlled Rock are totalllllllllly different things

The basement area under the court, if warmer than usual will cause evaporation. Imagine a huge humidifier being driven by melting ice below.

Anyone remember that Celtics Lakers playoff game in 1984 that was played in the fog at the old Boston Garden?

Reactions: Section112
Anyone remember that Celtics Lakers playoff game in 1984 that was played in the fog at the old Boston Garden?
Exactly … and some Stanley Cup games in June there as well. Warm weather and rinks don‘t mix, especially when it’s an old dump with no AC.

I got to see SHU play there against BC during those years when the Conte Forum was being constructed. Got to sit behind the bench and go inside and then exit with the team. My lasting memory of that part was seeing several rats.

Reactions: Burnsly
Or Sabres playoff games in the spring at the old Aud. Game would be stopped, and players would skate around the rink with towels waving at the fog.

And remember when the circus was in town in April at the Garden? Knicks and Rangers game started closer to nine, and you could literally hear the animals growling in basement.

Reactions: CL82
There have been some suspicious slips at the XL center. Having ice underneath the court always entails a bit of risk, particularly if it is a warmer humid day.

Reactions: SHUSource
I couldn’t tell what happened during game last night. Butler player was injured and game was stopped for a while. Crew was wiping up court for. Did he slip and get injured?

The change-over sucked because we had to stand in the cold an extra 5 minutes before they let us into the arena. ;)

Reactions: Nbnylon
The change-over sucked because we had to stand in the cold an extra 5 minutes before they let us into the arena. ;)
Coleman clipped him with his elbow as he was passing the defender. It was ruled incidental contact and no foul. I was close to the court, blood was streaming out.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT