ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to the players, Shaheen AND the staff

Bluebeard

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Shaheen was loyal to the guys who got St Peter’s to the Elite Eight and was ripped for this. So many posters said they were the worse staff in the big East and we would never accomplish anything with them. After watching the last 8 games that have turned around this season with one exciting game after another, I need to give the staff a shoutout. Shaheen can’t do this alone and we need to give credit where credit is due. I wouldn’t change anything about this staff.

Shaheen was loyal to the guys who got St Peter’s to the Elite Eight and was ripped for this. So many posters said they were the worse staff in the big East and we would never accomplish anything with them. After watching the last 8 games that have turned around this season with one exciting game after another, I need to give the staff a shoutout. Shaheen can’t do this alone and we need to give credit where credit is due. I wouldn’t change anything about this staff.
I still would…

Rasheen was a weak #1 assistant hire, but he is growing into the role. He has performed. He has results.

Whalen is a fringe #3 assistant. He doesn’t recruit. Sha loves him, and is loyal. I think Whalen is adequate in that #3 spot as well as really Sha’s right hand.

The change would be an experienced upgrade to slot into that #2. An aging head coach that wants a change and can leverage relationships for recruiting at the assistant level. Can manage the small day to day stuff (a COO) to leave Sha to more important things. I don’t know what Lowery brings but I’m pretty sure it’s minimal.

I still would…

Rasheen was a weak #1 assistant hire, but he is growing into the role. He has performed. He has results.

Whalen is a fringe #3 assistant. He doesn’t recruit. Sha loves him, and is loyal. I think Whalen is adequate in that #3 spot as well as really Sha’s right hand.

The change would be an experienced upgrade to slot into that #2. An aging head coach that wants a change and can leverage relationships for recruiting at the assistant level. Can manage the small day to day stuff (a COO) to leave Sha to more important things. I don’t know what Lowery brings but I’m pretty sure it’s minimal.

This is ridiculous, Sha has had big recruits come in that the school can’t pay NIL too and yet the staff put together a very competitive team.

The knock was that they don’t have a big man coach yet you have Davis playing out of position and Jaden playing well as a first year transfer.

In that Walen interview they said he had to push the date back because he had the Marquette scout is another example of how these guys are putting in work.

go hall

I have no idea how effective any asst is. How would i? I don't attend the practices. Interact with them. They never recruited me.

All i know is i love the turnaround. I love how we are playing. I love how the guys act in the postgames. I think i see a real good team being built. I give sha and his staff the credit along with the team. Dont know who else could be responsible.

Great shoutout! Kadary gave kudos to Davis for the scout today, and apparently at UConn. Whelan had the Marquette scout.

Our preparation is so good other teams will steal the tidbits!

Congratulations to the coach, staff and players! Fantastic to watch good defense and cohesive, team basketball with tremendous chemistry and a PG who is playing at another level! Go Hall!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT