ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton adds another Australian prospect for 2018 class

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
(Omaha) -- For the second straight year, Creighton has picked up a commit from an Australian recruit.

Sam Froling announced on Twitter Monday night that he has committed to play for Coach Greg McDermott and the Bluejays.

The 6-foot-11 forward joins fellow Australian Jacob Epperson, who is redshirting this season.

Froling, who visited Creighton in December, visited and considered other interest from Wichita State, Arizona and Maryland.

Froling, a composite 3-star by 247Sports, is a consensus top 150 player for the 2018 recruiting class.

The phone call or email I would have already made/sent this morning:

Hello Andrew. How are you? Hope all is well.

Good.

Anyway, sorry to bother you but one of our Big East competitors just got another Australian player. You know how we love you here in New Jersey. I mean, you helped us to reach the Final Four. You're name is on the wall of Walsh Gym... We need an assist from you. Would you please help us to identity prospects down there... or put me in contact with the coaches with whom I should develop a relationship.

I would really appreciate it and you know that you can always count on me to help with anything that's within my power.

Hey, please say hello to Mr. Gaze. How's he doing. What is he, 81 now?

... All right. Take care. Do you mind if I follow up next week? Thanks, mate.

Last edited:
You want to recruit players from foreign countries where former SH players come from , you have to reach out to them and make that pool of talent part of your search for talent. It's obvious other schools do like St.Mary's. Gonzaga and now Creighton does.

My follow-up e-mail later in the day:

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to talk to us. I know you're a busy man.

It's been a long time since you were on campus. You wouldn't recognize it. It's gone through a major transformation since you were here.

And this year we're accepting the first class to our new medical school which we're going to run in partnership with New Jersey's top hospital group.

Any recruit will get a top education and play in a great arena.

The next time you're in the United States you must stop and see us. It's been too long.

Who is playing Center next year, Sandro Or Taurean? I'd assume Sandro. If that's the case he will need to add some weight. Will that hurt his style of play?

TT will be playing Center for us next year.

Also I will say it again St. Mary's got in trouble by the NCAA for cheating to get Australian players. Recruiting internationally is tough but doable but for my moneys worth work with the NY NJ Players first and if you get a scoop on a international kid look then because IMO we don't have the resources to complete right now.

Froling fills the spot left by former verbal Ian Steere a four star top 150 PF from NC who decommited from Creighton and commited to NC State . Creighton also has 4 star top 150 Marcus Zegarowski , a PG in its 2018 class a player I believe we offered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT