ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton lands its best class. Plus much more

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Just days after publicly acknowledging his use of a racially insensitive "plantation" analogy late in the regular season, Creighton lost a commitment from five-star prospect TyTy Washington, who eventually signed with Kentucky. The 6-foot-3 guard was set to be the Bluejays' highest-rated signee of the 247Sports era, and the timing of his decommitment suggested McDermott's blunder could have a perilous impact on his ability to recruit.

Ultimately, the Bluejays rallied from the ordeal to make their first Sweet 16 since 1975, and it appears McDermott is still finding ways to connect with prospects. With three top 75 prospects in the fold from the Class of 2021, including two who committed after McDermott's remark, Creighton's No. 7 ranked recruiting class is the best in program history. The top three players in the class -- Arthur Kaluma, Ryan Nembhard and Mason Miller -- are the program's three best-ranked commitments of the 247Sports era.

• Arthur Kaluma

Arthur KalumaPF6-8/205Glendale, AZ
    0.9828 4 stars

• Ryan Nembhard

Ryan NembhardPG6-1/165Montverde, FL
    0.9754 4 stars

• Mason Miller

Mason MillerPF6-9/180Germantown, TN
    0.9729 4 Stars

• John Christofilis

John ChristofilisSG6-4/170Seattle, WA
    0.9186 3 Stars

Creighton has a great arena and I assume they must have other great facilities for their players.This has to help their recruiting a lot.Also they usually fill their arena for home games.

They also lost one of their best players, starter, and best big in Bishop when he transferred to Texas.

Having Bishop and TyTy on team might have kept them in top 15.

Someone negatively recruiting against them isn’t in play here. No one is talking about this except players and families. Simply a self inflicted wound here that will stay with him for a little.

They will be okay with their class but not what it was.

Please. Allow us some satire. It’s not anywhere as offensive as you imagine.
Actually, I don’t think you can speak from a place that can justify that. My wife and daughters would not find it satirical at all.

But please, continue to speak from a place of privilege and “insight”

They also lost one of their best players, starter, and best big in Bishop when he transferred to Texas.

Having Bishop and TyTy on team might have kept them in top 15.

Someone negatively recruiting against them isn’t in play here. No one is talking about this except players and families. Simply a self inflicted wound here that will stay with him for a little.

They will be okay with their class but not what it was.
You don’t think opposing coaches are using those comments against him with recruiting? That would be pretty naive.

This just shows that he can overcome bad publicity with no issue. And to think some wanted him fired...lol

You don’t think opposing coaches are using those comments against him with recruiting? That would be pretty naive.

This just shows that he can overcome bad publicity with no issue. And to think some wanted him fired...lol
His players stood up for him right away. Case closed. Imo. Good men say dumb things once in a while.

We know mcdermott was just using a saying that had no racist undertones, simply a saying. Just happened to be the word plantation in a black dominated sport. Liberals way to PC all day everyday snd thats coming from a fairly liberal guy.

Actually, I don’t think you can speak from a place that can justify that. My wife and daughters would not find it satirical at all.

Your wife and daughters were slaves on a plantation? Interesting, I thought they ceased to exist in America quite a long time ago

Looks as if McDermott certainly weathered the PC drama of late winter, for sure.

They have a lot of minutes to replace with their entire starting lineup gone.

Their top recruit from last season is returning from knee surgery. Sandro's comrade from Georgia, PG Rati Andronikashivili was a top 75 recruit in 2020 but blew out his knee in November.

And they have 2 incoming transfer Forwards. One was a division 2 All-American.

They have talent but there's a lot of new faces.

Willard has said on multiple occasions that Creighton is the most difficult team he has to prepare for.

I will still need one of our XO guys to explain to me why Creighton is tougher to prepare for than Nova.

Their styles seem very similar to me although Creighton from my eye moves the ball slightly faster than Nova. And for whatever reason, Creighton shoots lights out against us (versus how they shoot versus other teams).

Even my friend from Creighton said after they played us in Creighton (and demolished us), they did not shoot well again until they came to Prudential.

I still think blowing the 16 point lead to Creighton crippled our season.

Reactions: Hallsome

This is what this place has devolved into now. Still sadly the only place to read discussion about the program, but mostly its just a loosely moderated gathering spot for a few dozen of our finest right wing bigoted cranks & wingnuts to run free daily. Don't even bother dude.

This is what this place has devolved into now. Still sadly the only place to read discussion about the program, but mostly its just a loosely moderated gathering spot for a few dozen of our finest right wing bigoted cranks & wingnuts to run free daily. Don't even bother dude.
giphy.gif

This comment is not necessary!

If you have an issue with the board go elsewhere. When you have to stoop to name calling it says a lot more about you than it does the people you are criticizing.

Privilege? You know nothing about me. In fact the “privilege”accusation is nothing more than an offensive dog whistle. But you keep making unfounded conclusions and you’ll never be more miserable

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

More roster changes. The replies to this tweet are indicating that they might be getting a commitment soon from Trey Alexander, an Auburn decommit and another top 100 player whom Creighton offered a couple weeks ago.

Nothing quite like the daily talking points from
huffPost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT