ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Crenshaw puts 10 year old girl in her place

I'd bet he knew he made a mistake previously and was prepared for that question but was probably expecting it from an adult.

Seemed like such a good opportunity to show some humility, explain it was a mistake and talk about his faith.

Maybe he should have put his arms around her and smelled the back of her neck?

Turns out she is 18, not 10. Twitter gets it wrong again.

Thank goodness. I had thought he was was being an ass to a young girl asking him a question about something he said. Turns out he was just being an ass to a young girl asking him a question about something he said.

If she is 18 she is old enough to vote and serve in the military. Not a young girl at that point. Young woman who has more growing up to do.

Comparing Jesus to Superman? I'd say she was the ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUMA04 and HALL85
If she is 18 she is old enough to vote and serve in the military. Not a young girl at that point. Young woman who has more growing up to do.

Comparing Jesus to Superman? I'd say she was the ass.

Are you really nitpicking that an 18 year old isn't young?

If you don't like people comparing Jesus to Superman, maybe you agree with her because that was the point of her question to him. She was asking him why it appeared he was comparing Jesus to Superman.
Here is what he said.

"The most important thing here is that we have important hero archetypes that we look up to. Jesus is a hero archetype. Superman is a hero archetype. Real characters, too. I could name a thousand: Rosa Parks, Ronald Reagan."

Does the response from him really represent the type of political discourse you want from politicians?
I doubt it is.

There is a difference in being an ass to an 18 year old woman and being an ass to a 10 year old girl.

I agree, but still an ass. I still think it was a good opportunity to show some humility in a previous mistake he made and talk about his faith. It was a softball, and in my opinion his response was pathetic.

If that is the tone you all want from politicians, that's fine.
I don't believe anyone here actually thinks his response was appropriate though.

We should at least correct the title of the post.

Big difference between 18 and 10. Anyway you look at it its misinformation which we can all agree is what causes divisions in our population.

We should at least correct the title of the post.

Big difference between 18 and 10. Anyway you look at it its misinformation which we can all agree is what causes divisions in our population.
Misinformation comes from the video itself. Someone says on the video ”not to a ten yr old girl”. That same person called Crenshaw a moron. Then there is the “let’s go brandon“ chant towards the end of the video. Not quite sure what that references. It wasn’t a great look for Crenshawbut I also don’t think this is not a big deal.

Misinformation comes from the video itself. Someone says on the video ”not to a ten yr old girl”. That same person called Crenshaw a moron. Then there is the “let’s go brandon“ chant towards the end of the video. Not quite sure what that references. It wasn’t a great look for Crenshawbut I also don’t think this is not a big deal.

Exactly. He was an ass in his response, but not a big deal overall.

Exactly. He was an ass in his response, but not a big deal overall.
Yes, and the OP has a history of posting partisan issues (in this case with an erroneous title) that are not a big deal.

Not nitpicking.

She is an adult.

I do see your point about her question.

I listened it to again and realized she was not doing the comparing. He was and she was quoting him.

Yes, his response was not the kind of discourse I prefer.

Then again, I would like to see more of the context of the comment. Was the video clipped to sit a perspective?

I too am suspect of the partisan posts by ShoreDude

"She quoted Crenshaw from a podcast interview he gave to promote his 2020 book, "Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage," but left out the last sentence."

" "These people embody certain attributes that the American people think, 'This is good,'" Crenshaw told host Jocko Willink on the "Jocko Podcast" in March 2020."

" "Nowhere in that quote am I saying that Jesus is not real. That's a ridiculous statement," Crenshaw said Monday. "

He gave some context to the comparison, but it is dumb comparison nonetheless.

Not nitpicking.

She is an adult.

It's a little nitpicky. I doubt it would take me long to find a post from you here talking about someone older than 18 and referring to them as young, because 18 is still pretty young. It's different than 10 as assumed in that video, but still young.

That said, here is the context at the time stamp.

It would seem by that video that he is implying that Jesus and Superman are not real and Rosa Parks and Ronald Raegan are.

It was a great opportunity to say it was an error and talk about his faith.

Interesting is that the criticism against Crenshaw is coming from the far right. Again, I don't understand how this is a big deal what he said. He could have termed it more delicately but so what? Such a non-story.

Reactions: Pirata
I doubt it would take me long to find a post from you here talking about someone older than 18 and referring to them as young, because 18 is still pretty young.

Please do. I would love to see it.

That said, here is the context at the time stamp.

It would seem by that video that he is implying that Jesus and Superman are not real and Rosa Parks and Ronald Raegan are.

It was a great opportunity to say it was an error and talk about his faith.

I listened to video. Not sure why anyone would pick those statements and go after him. Big picture of that podcast was a good message.

Please do. I would love to see it.

"Young" police officer?
We just had a trial which found a local police officer not guilty. He shot and killed an unarmed mentally disturbed Hispanic male who was on a 45 mph 4 lane road attacking cars as they slowed to avoid him. A sole young police officer arrived on seen and before backup could arrive the guy made advances toward him. Long story short, the cop shot him.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I listened to video. Not sure why anyone would pick those statements and go after him. Big picture of that podcast was a good message.

Because it was off to put Jesus and Superman together, separate from his real people examples.

AP reports today, White House warned that Russia could attack its neighbor at “any point,” while the U.K. delivered a batch of anti-tank weapons to Ukraine and we are discussing silly things. I guess it is an interesting diversion from the mess we find ourselves in as a country.

Reactions: Hallsome
"Young" police officer?
Wow, you're awesome.

Just for the record, I never argued that she wasn't young. That was your projection.

All I said was that she's an adult.

Repeat after me: She is 18. She can vote. She can join the military.

Call her a young adult if you'd like but it doesn't change anything.

Here's a little unsolicited advice. Leave work early today and go have a drink.

Last edited:
Repeat after me: She is 18. She can vote. She can join the military.

Yeah. I don't care what we call her. We can go with young adult. He was an ass in his response to that young adult. Not a good look, but also not a big deal.

Again, I just think it was a missed opportunity for him. Someone gives him a softball opportunity to talk about what his faith means to him and he was an ass instead.

Here's a little unsolicited advice. Leave work early today and go have a drink.

Editing that post an hour an a half later to tell me I should have a drink? ok...
I tend to drink more stout in the winter. Gonna go with a Troegs Grand Cacao tonight for you PA folk.
It's pretty solid.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Yeah. I don't care what we call her. We can go with young adult. He was an ass in his response to that young adult. Not a good look, but also not a big deal.

Again, I just think it was a missed opportunity for him. Someone gives him a softball opportunity to talk about what his faith means to him and he was an ass instead.

Editing that post an hour an a half later to tell me I should have a drink? ok...
I tend to drink more stout in the winter. Gonna go with a Troegs Grand Cacao tonight for you PA folk.
It's pretty solid.

Haha that's what I am drinking! Average stout though.

Have you had Lancaster Double Chocolate Stout? I think that is better than Grand Cacao & from the same area.

Reactions: Merge
Haha that's what I am drinking! Average stout though.

Have you had Lancaster Double Chocolate Stout? I think that is better than Grand Cacao & from the same area.

Nice. Haven’t tried that yet. I’ll keep an eye out!

Yeah. I don't care what we call her.

Then why did you make multiple posts arguing that? LOL.

He was an ass in his response to that young adult. Not a good look, but also not a big deal.

I agreed with that many posts ago. Again, you sold your vacuum cleaner. Time to write the order up.

Gonna go with a Troegs Grand Cacao tonight for you PA folk.

Originally from Brooklyn. PA now. Troegs and LB are readily available here. My daughter works for Hershey and she goes by the brewery often. I drove by LB the other night and commented that we need to stop in.

Editing that post an hour an a half later

I was walking around Shady Maple posting via phone. I'll try to edit sooner in the future. The thought hit me sooner but I was not in a spot to do the typing. You need a life. Now you watch the timing of posts and edits. SHM.

I have some time on my hands this week and so I will keep responding so as to highlight your chronic obsessive last word syndrome. There is treatment for that you know?

Last edited:
Then why did you make multiple posts arguing that?

Actually didn't. My point with the thank goodness comment was saying, he was still an ass to the girl and it doesn't matter how old she was. You replying that she was old enough to serve in the military was because you didn't understand what I was saying.

I was walking around Shady Maple posting via phone. I'll try to edit sooner in the future. The thought hit me sooner but I was not in a spot to do the typing. You need a life. Now you watch the timing of posts and edits. SHM.

lol. I saw your post as I was getting on a call. Came back to reply when the call ended and noticed you added I need a drink 90 minutes later. Thought that was pretty childish honestly so I called it out. Now, staying on topic with the thread... rather than offer up some humility and laugh it off you respond like it's my fault for seeing it? I now at least have a better understanding of your inclination to defend Crenshaw.

I have some time on my hands this week and so I will keep responding so as to highlight your chronic obsessive last word syndrome. There is treatment for that you know?

Look forward to it. You can actually browse through the history of threads here and see who has the last post on each thread pretty easily.

Look forward to it. You can actually browse through the history of threads here and see who has the last post on each thread pretty easily.

I's love to but I am having my hair done.
noticed you added I need a drink 90 minutes later. Thought that was pretty childish honestly so I called it out.

I did not say you needed a drink. I suggested you go have one. At this juncture, I'd suggest two.

Not a young girl at that point. Young woman who has more growing up to do.

Then you respond:

So let's get this straight. I write that she is a young woman. You reply in the next post that I am saying she is not young.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT