ADVERTISEMENT

Danny having none of it.

"We (the Big East) got buried by the Committee last year that was clear once the Tournament started based on those results.

“I don’t know if we have a strong enough voice in that room, I don’t know who’s representing us in that room this year in the Big East. "

This has to Val's #1 focus now that the media deal is done. She needs to be all over this. The conference lost out on millions by only getting 3 teams invited. UConn carried the BE the last 2 years but the conference made $8 Million less from the tourney in 2024 than 2023. We badly need that revenue.

Despite UConn's dominance, the BE was 5th in NCAA revenue, $8-12 Million behind each of the 'P4' conferences. We made only $2M more than the Mountain West and Pac12.

Reactions: Halldan1
"We (the Big East) got buried by the Committee last year that was clear once the Tournament started based on those results.

“I don’t know if we have a strong enough voice in that room, I don’t know who’s representing us in that room this year in the Big East. "

This has to Val's #1 focus now that the media deal is done. She needs to be all over this. The conference lost out on millions by only getting 3 teams invited. UConn carried the BE the last 2 years but the conference made $8 Million less from the tourney in 2024 than 2023. We badly need that revenue.

Despite UConn's dominance, the BE was 5th in NCAA revenue, $8-12 Million behind each of the 'P4' conferences. We made only $2M more than the Mountain West and Pac12.
Anyone have the Fanta- Pitino clip from the other day. He apparently said some pretty scathing stuff too.

And I would argue new year, new rotations and placements on selection committee and that group will emphasize criteria that is unique onto itself

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT