ADVERTISEMENT

Danny staying

UConn fans will be happy, but anything less than a third natty will be a major disappointment.
"...major disappointment"...? Really? Major?

No, I don't see that at all...I think they will be disappointed, sure, but if any UConn fan moves into "what have you done for me lately" mode if they don't win it all next year is delusional...and spoiled rotten!

"...major disappointment"...? Really? Major?

No, I don't see that at all...I think they will be disappointed, sure, but if any UConn fan moves into "what have you done for me lately" mode if they don't win it all next year is delusional...and spoiled rotten!
Its not like they arent experienced with winning it all. If Uconn sucks, they wil lbe mad. If they are an Elite 8 team, I think they will be disappointed they lost and pinch themselves that they are this good again.

Timing could not be better for Ackerman negotiating a new TV deal. At this moment, the BE has never been in a stronger position. Not even after Jay’s great run.

I
Wow. just wow that he would turn this down.
I don’t really find this surprising. Other than the prestige, the Lakers are a terrible choice for any big time coach. LeBron runs the show and is only getting older. Anthony Davis can never stay healthy and they really don’t have a ton of young talent to build around.

The Knicks in a year or two would be an infinitely better situation.

Good for the big east. Bad for seton hall interim NIL donor pool

Lakers are a top franchise, but the money doesn’t blow away UConn’s offer + lebron runs through coaches

I

I don’t really find this surprising. Other than the prestige, the Lakers are a terrible choice for any big time coach. LeBron runs the show and is only getting older. Anthony Davis can never stay healthy and they really don’t have a ton of young talent to build around.

The Knicks in a year or two would be an infinitely better situation.
Is there anything that suggest the Knicks would be interested in Hurley? I few like it’s mostly a projection and am not sure Rose would even go the college route with what should be a championship level team. Not to mention they have a coach who is doing a pretty darn good job.

For what it's worth, one extra bonus out of all of this is that I am hearing some low-key recognition about the big east as a conference. Notwithstanding the fact that you guys got hosed last year, this is a damn good conference with some of the best coaches in the country.

If we were still in the American (and I puked a bit in my mouth just thinking about that) would Hurley have passed on the Lakers? We will never know, but I have to think the decision would've been a heck of a lot closer, minimally. Hopefully the Hurley LA dalliance gives Val just a little extra juice on the contract negotiations.

For what it's worth, one extra bonus out of all of this is that I am hearing some low-key recognition about the big east as a conference. Notwithstanding the fact that you guys got hosed last year, this is a damn good conference with some of the best coaches in the country.

If we were still in the American (and I puked a bit in my mouth just thinking about that) would Hurley have passed on the Lakers? We will never know, but I have to think the decision would've been a heck of a lot closer, minimally. Hopefully the Hurley LA dalliance gives Val just a little extra juice on the contract negotiations.
It will.

Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT