ADVERTISEMENT

Darnell Brodie

jack 1970

All Big East
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2022
Darnell Brodie 6'10: 275 lbs. center at Drake University in his sixth year of college BB and fourth year at Drake.Averaging 26 MPG,12 PPG and 8 RPG shooting 65% from floor for 22-5 Drake team,

Good to see ex SHU player having success athletically and academically.

We gave up on him too soon.
Well, he was hardly getting any playing time. His freshman year he got in 10 games for 55 minutes. His soph year he got in 3 games totaling 18 minutes. He was up against Mamu and Tyrese for playing time..... I guess he saw the handwriting on the wall and headEd out for more PT. It worked out for him. Good for him.

Reactions: HallLine69
Not a starter but a capable back up.At least as good as EHE right now.
I saw him recently on television and couldn't believe he was still playing. Looks very heavy, and as a Big Easter, EHE is a better fit.
And Ike's stature seems to rise [here] the longer he is gone. Good guy and a good story, but never felt he came close to what we had hoped when he left FSU.

Reactions: shupat08
This is his 6th season in college plus the prep year at Montverde when we got TT. He's having a great year in the Mountain Valley for 22-5 Drake. Will be interesting to see if the MVC gets multiple teams in the NCAAs. Drake & Indiana State are both 22-5 and rated 44 & 31 in the NET (48 & 49 in KP). Very good metrics but like most mid-majors, they don't have strong Wins because they don't get many Q1 opportunities.

Brodie is having a very efficient year. Averaging 11.9 points, 8.4 rebounds & 2.0 Assists, he is 15th in the Nation in eFG% at 65.5%, 16th in Defensive Rebounding.

If I remember correctly, Brodie got a chance to start a home game vs DePaul when Ro & Ike were injured. He was exposed right away & we wound up losing a game we were heavily favored to win. I don't think he played much after that.

If I remember correctly, Brodie got a chance to start a home game vs DePaul when Ro & Ike were injured. He was exposed right away & we wound up losing a game we were heavily favored to win. I don't think he played much after that.
I'm sure that loss was all Brodie's fault.

big men have a bigger disparity between leagues than guards who rely more on skill. in the mvac brodie is an all conference player, in the big east hes 5 extra fouls.

big men have a bigger disparity between leagues than guards who rely more on skill. in the mvac brodie is an all conference player, in the big east hes 5 extra fouls.
Had
9/10 in a NCAAT win vs wich st in 21
6/7 in a NCAAT loss vs USC in 21
20/9 in 33 min last year in NCAAT vs Miami where he was unstoppable at points in that game

Another great take..just stick to taking personal shots at wusu..about where your expertise ends here

Reactions: chickenbox
Had
9/10 in a NCAAT win vs wich st in 21
6/7 in a NCAAT loss vs USC in 21
20/9 in 33 min last year in NCAAT vs Miami where he was unstoppable at points in that game

Another great take..just stick to taking personal shots at wusu..about where your expertise ends here
a true alltime great. guy is in his 10th year in the mvac and we have posters lamenting that he left. why didn't your boy willard keep him? sounds like there was a reason

a true alltime great. guy is in his 10th year in the mvac and we have posters lamenting that he left. why didn't your boy willard keep him? sounds like there was a reason
Not what you posted at all..you said he would be good for nothing but 5 fouls..which is obv wrong

Another good one by you

Reactions: chickenbox
Correct me if I am wrong. But here is how I recall the Darnell Brodie timeline.

He committed to the Hall to join them for the 2017-18 season on Dec 25th 2016. (Christmas present?)

Brodie originally a 3 star recruit committed to us over East Carolina, Temple, Saint Joseph's, Quinnipiac, Iona, UMass, Monmouth and Towson.

Then we had the opportunity to bring in Taurean Thompson from Syracuse via transfer, but we had no scholarships available. Which led to the “these things have a way of working themselves out” comments. Low and behold they did, Brodie decided to do a prep year at Monteverdi, paving the way for Thompson to join the roster. We were hoping to bring him in with the Delgado / KC / Desi senior class team, but the waiver to play immediately got denied.

In two season with the Hall he played a total of 13 games, (1 start - aforementioned DePaul game) logged 72 minutes, took 12 shots and scored a total of 10 points.

Honestly doesn’t matter what the backstory is, put yourself in his shoes. It’s 3 years later since your senior year of HS, and you have essentially not played, would you stick it out to battle for playing time with Romaro Gill and a highly touted transfer in Ike Obiagu?
He was asked to do a prep year to make room for someone else and then was recruited over while here.

He made the best decision for what was best for him. Can’t blame him at all.

Reactions: TheHall87
I'm sure that loss was all Brodie's fault.

Considering his contribution, It certainly didn't help matters.

It was right after that game that the "Why isn't Brodie playing" posts basically disappeared completely from this sight.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT