ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 of Greener NJ

So stupid, more government overreach. Restaurants will be crushed by the 5/4/22 ban on take out packaging. Between the ridiculous covid restrictions in 2020 and this, it's almost like they're purposefully trying to stifle small businesses.

So stupid, more government overreach. Restaurants will be crushed by the 5/4/22 ban on take out packaging. Between the ridiculous covid restrictions in 2020 and this, it's almost like they're purposefully trying to stifle small businesses.
There are green paths to have to go containers

i mean, we cant really have financially independent people. its against the whole point of thr plan

There are green paths to have to go containers

I think it has been demonstrated that one time use plastics are horrendous for the world. There are better options that don't pollute the earth or have chemicals that leach into our water supply.

Why is anyone rooting for plastic?

I think it has been demonstrated that one time use plastics are horrendous for the world. There are better options that don't pollute the earth or have chemicals that leach into our water supply.

Why is anyone rooting for plastic?
what about microplastics? any chance on those being addressed?

What's the issue with improving our effect on the planet? Plastic is horrible. Its poisoning our planet and the things that live on it. We can do better.

Why are we doing all of this now? Why didn't we do it years ago if it has such a bad effect? Plastics have been used for decades.

what about microplastics? any chance on those being addressed?

Every small step helps there, but we need people to care about the issue.

it's the kind of thing where if you don't see how it impacts you directly, it is easy to not care at all.

Why are we doing all of this now? Why didn't we do it years ago if it has such a bad effect? Plastics have been used for decades.

The best time was yesterday. The second best time is today.

We made a mistake using so much plastic. We need to learn from that mistake.

The best time was yesterday. The second best time is today.

We made a mistake using so much plastic. We need to learn from that mistake.
Agree. But these issues have persisted and solutions been passed for decades, stop acting like it’s being solved now

Reactions: shu09
Agree. But these issues have persisted and solutions been passed for decades, stop acting like it’s being solved now

I didn’t say anything is being solved yet. I just wouldn’t argue that single use plastic products are good or even necessary at this point.

hes not acting like that. hes responding to someone who thinks we should still use a bunch of plastic because nobody was worried in the past. a pretty dumb response.
And I’m responding that our government policies have failed us for decades

so don’t change anything now because the government failed previously? That’s where you’re going?
More questions from poster formerly known as bookkeeper and knees. I appreciate the very quick follow ups. I don’t care to answer your questions. Take what you want from my posts and lighten the f up

More questions from poster formerly known as bookkeeper and knees. I appreciate the very quick follow ups. I don’t care to answer your questions. Take what you want from my posts and lighten the f up
haha. you run your mouth then hide when people address it. still crickets on the nonsense in the other thread. apparently youre hiding here.

"i dont care to answer your questions"

aka

"i have no idea how to back up anything that spills out of my mouth"

haha. you run your mouth then hide when people address it. still crickets on the nonsense in the other thread. apparently youre hiding here.

"i dont care to answer your questions"

aka

"i have no idea how to back up anything that spills out of my mouth"
You’re a great poster! Who would give a crap what my opinion is on plastics or family leave? Other than you and the other quick questioners.

Everyone here shares stupid opinions for fun. Or at least that’s what I do

repeat your question I didn’t back up maybe I’ll care to share an opinion, maybe i won’t

PS while we’re on opinions 200K is not wealthy at all…among the more absurd posts I have seen, IMO (see, I call out 09 too!)

I didn’t say anything is being solved yet. I just wouldn’t argue that single use plastic products are good or even necessary at this point.
I don’t understand how plastic water bottles companies get a pass, I guess they are contributing big dollars to political campaigns. Straw companies don’t make enough money to pay off politicians. You go to places like Costco and the plastic bottles area is off the charts. So stupid to not ban plastic bottles and go after straws. Anyone talking about banning straws but buying water in plastic bottles are fooling themselves.

Get this man some tissues.

Reactions: SHUSA
I don’t understand how plastic water bottles companies get a pass, I guess they are contributing big dollars to political campaigns. Straw companies don’t make enough money to pay off politicians. You go to places like Costco and the plastic bottles area is off the charts. So stupid to not ban plastic bottles and go after straws. Anyone talking about banning straws but buying water in plastic bottles are fooling themselves.

Great point. If we're serious about plastics then companies like Poland Spring, Nestle and yes, Coke and Pepsi, should be taken to task.

Preaching to the choir on that one. Honestly, any single use plastic product is a problem.

Unfortunately we are not at a point where we are willing to agree on that idea and address that as a society.
We can start small with things that are easy like straws and bags. Once we get to a point where the community agrees that we should move on from more, then we can do so.

I think it is inevitable that a future generation will look back on our use of plastic and wonder why we were so willing to pollute the planet.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Preaching to the choir on that one. Honestly, any single use plastic product is a problem.

Unfortunately we are not at a point where we are willing to agree on that idea and address that as a society.
We can start small with things that are easy like straws and bags. Once we get to a point where the community agrees that we should move on from more, then we can do so.

I think it is inevitable that a future generation will look back on our use of plastic and wonder why we were so willing to pollute the planet.
Why does it require legislation? Merge, in all seriousness, you seem passionate about this, but if I looked in your refrigerator, under your sink and in your pantry, would there be brands with plastic containers? Shouldn’t it start with personal responsibility?

Who cares? Do you think people hundreds of years ago cared what people in 2021 would think about them?

Why does it require legislation? Merge, in all seriousness, you seem passionate about this, but if I looked in your refrigerator, under your sink and in your pantry, would there be brands with plastic containers? Shouldn’t it start with personal responsibility?

No. Individuals can’t possibly solve plastic pollution on their own, especially when we don’t even agree it’s a problem.

The steps I take as an individual are fairly meaningless overall... not saying I’m perfect, but no, I personally use glass containers in my fridge and pantry.

Reactions: cernjSHU
Who cares? Do you think people hundreds of years ago cared what people in 2021 would think about them?

that’s my point... we should care about the world that our children and their children will inhabit.

Same as what I say to my kids when visiting someone else’s house, let’s leave it better than when we found it.

I'm assuming you dont bother recycling, since, who cares.
My household recycles every last thing, and will continue to do so, but very disheartening to realize only 10% of what we recycle doesn’t end up in a garbage dump. That’s a very disturbing thought, you can bet our climate change bill has no provisions to change that fact. I hear lots of people bitching but want to hear solutions.

No. Individuals can’t possibly solve plastic pollution on their own, especially when we don’t even agree it’s a problem. The steps I take as an individual are fairly meaningless overall... not saying I’m perfect, but no, I personally use glass containers in my fridge and pantry.
All I’m saying if you take a position, you should walk the walk. That’s the personal responsibility piece. Tired of these politicians and leaders telling us what we should do, yeah they have a carbon footprint the size of 1000 people. Like where does Prince Charles get off lecturing the world?

Personally I prefer paper bags over plastic. And we do recycle everything we can.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
My household recycles every last thing, and will continue to do so, but very disheartening to realize only 10% of what we recycle doesn’t end up in a garbage dump. That’s a very disturbing thought, you can bet our climate change bill has no provisions to change that fact. I hear lots of people bitching but want to hear solutions.

Glad to hear. Many people dont bother. The low percentage of actual recycled product is all the more reason to remove plastic from our daily usage. Plastic straws are much easier to drink from, but the paper ones do work, it's really a small change. The same with banning plastic bags at grocery stores, bringing reusable bags isnt a big deal.

As for microplastics it's a huge issue. Fish consume the stuff, other animals consume the fish, we consume all of it, it's not good for any living animal.

Good point. We need to change individual peoples mindset. The supply chain shortages are helping to do that. Used cars are back to being popular, I expect eBay will be booming as people learn to reinvent and repurpose old items. Save those old white dress shirts out of stock everywhere. I decided I can only control the little world around me and maybe my community. “It all starts at home”, would be a great national advertising program. Maybe we could use the climate change money for that, instead of lining donors pockets.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Glad to hear. Many people dont bother. The low percentage of actual recycled product is all the more reason to remove plastic from our daily usage. Plastic straws are much easier to drink from, but the paper ones do work, it's really a small change. The same with banning plastic bags at grocery stores, bringing reusable bags isnt a big deal.

As for microplastics it's a huge issue. Fish consume the stuff, other animals consume the fish, we consume all of it, it's not good for any living animal.
We agree on this one, I sell reusable grocery bags made out of recycled plastic. I have been on this train of thought for years. I also love to fish, and I can tell you the big fish is not straws. Straws are a distraction from the bigger problem of plastic water bottles. If the government was serious we would be talking about water bottles. It’s crazy to pin this problem on straws, need to go after the big boys making the bottles but they contribute and line the pockets of the hypocrites running our country. They think we are stupid, and in some cases they are right. Smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUSA
People hundreds of years ago owned slaves, shot each other over mining stakes, didn’t allow women to vote, and pissed/shit in a bucket in the corner of the room. That all fly with you too?

Perhaps things change?

Paper straws suck but it's a small change to make from plastic straws. Won't have any impact as long as everyone keeps buying bottled water, etc.

I'm assuming you dont bother recycling, since, who cares.

I do recycle.

Your reading comprehension is failing you again. I said who cares about Merge's comment regarding future generations talking about what we did during our time. Why should we care about the opinions of people we will never meet? Do you think people in the 1600s cared what we would have thought of them? Of course not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT