ADVERTISEMENT

Dead Weight

It’s time for DePaul to go. It’s been 20+ years of legitimate incompetence. In that same 20 years there have been numerous mid majors that have significantly risen and are now worthy of a major conference.

Reactions: SOpirate
Many leagues have bottom feeders from year to year.Need another system to evaluate teams.

No doubt both of those teams killed the conference this year.

It’s time for DePaul to go. It’s been 20+ years of legitimate incompetence. In that same 20 years there have been numerous mid majors that have significantly risen and are now worthy of a major conference.
Incompetent is too generous a word. The Big East would be better off with a mid tier A-10 team like VCU or St. Joes.

Reactions: HallGuy23
Agree, but I also thought they’d be better than 2-18 (0-18 vs everyone not named DePaul) this season. Cooley does have a lot of help on the way next season though.
100% he didn’t do a good job with that group. I posted that a week or so ago. He’s gotten a total pass IMO. Him and Pitino took over situations that weren’t all that different and it was night and day. No one ever would say he’s Pitino because he’s not, but expectations should have been higher for him and that roster isn’t devoid of talent by any stretch.

Reactions: LBP43 and SOpirate
Cooley is an overrated coach, who struck gold at Providence and squandered it. I don't see him turning Georgetown around. I think he'll be out of work within 3 years.

100% he didn’t do a good job with that group. I posted that a week or so ago. He’s gotten a total pass IMO. Him and Pitino took over situations that weren’t all that different and it was night and day. No one ever would say he’s Pitino because he’s not, but expectations should have been higher for him and that roster isn’t devoid of talent by any stretch.
What him do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT