ADVERTISEMENT

DEBATE LIVE THREAD.

And Jake Tapper of CNN said it wasn’t a good night for Trump but not sure Kamala did enough to fill in the blanks of what people want to know about her policies.
its been an ongoing plan to turn CNN into fox news. but regardless of media if there are true swing voters left they all saw the same thing.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
And Jake Tapper of CNN said it wasn’t a good night for Trump but not sure Kamala did enough to fill in the blanks of what people want to know about her policies. Question is if she did so well, why wouldn’t she want to do another one?
Answer: they want to do another one.

Perhaps as important as the debate as whole are the individual soundbites that come out of it. Harris was able to get her line in on every issue she wanted to while Trump was stuck defending crowd sizes and debating Biden.

I don’t know if this debate will move the needle, but it was an unmitigated disaster for Trump. He did not look Presidential in the slightest.

Perhaps as important as the debate as whole are the individual soundbites that come out of it. Harris was able to get her line in on every issue she wanted to while Trump was stuck defending crowd sizes and debating Biden.

I don’t know if this debate will move the needle, but it was an unmitigated disaster for Trump. He did not look Presidential in the slightest.
trumps chose to defend the crowd size. He should have forced her to answer the first question are people better off now than years ago which she never answered.

trumps chose to defend the crowd size. He should have forced her to answer the first question are people better off now than years ago which she never answered.
He could have pinned her down on any issue. The economy, Afghanistan, the border. Instead he went down the rabbit hole all night and all it took was a few simple bait lines. Hillary is somewhere kicking herself.

I think Trump was terrible. One very telling point was when asked directly yes or no, do you want Ukraine to win the war, Trump refused to answer and say he wants to stop the war. How disgraceful that he wants our enemies to win the war and to give up our friends. Kamala had some good moments. She was adequate. She should have landed knockout blows and she failed to take advantage of the many deranged comments made by Trump.

She should have stated that he negotiated with the Taliban who was the accomplices of Bin Laden. And on the anniversary date of 9/11, he invited the terriorists of 9/11 to Camp David. She missed on some vital details.

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenbox
He could have pinned her down on any issue. The economy, Afghanistan, the border. Instead he went down the rabbit hole all night and all it took was a few simple bait lines. Hillary is somewhere kicking herself.
If people were unsure of who they were voting for I don’t think they got an answer tonight. You knew going into tonight Trump could hurt himself and you didn’t know what plan Kamala has. You turned off the TV watching Trump hurt himself and got no answers on topics from Kamala. If you went into tonight undecided I’m not sure what new knowledge you walked out with.

• Haha
I think Trump was terrible. One very telling point was when asked directly yes or no, do you want Ukraine to win the war, Trump refused to answer and say he wants to stop the war. How disgraceful that he wants our enemies to win the war and to give up our friends. Kamala had some good moments. She was adequate. She should have landed knockout blows and she failed to take advantage of the many deranged comments made by Trump.

She should have stated that he negotiated with the Taliban who was the accomplices of Bin Laden. And on the anniversary date of 9/11, he invited the terriers of 9/11 to Camp David. She missed on some vital details.
Her first question was are people better off now and she responded about being brought up middle class. Both candidates dodged answering every question. She just did it better than him. Don’t you think it’s silly they asked him who he wants to win that war but not ask her who she wants to win the other war? That would be fair right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
If people were unsure of who they were voting for I don’t think they got an answer tonight. You knew going into tonight Trump could hurt himself and you didn’t know what plan Kamala has. You turned off the TV watching Trump hurt himself and got no answers on topics from Kamala. If you went into tonight undecided I’m not sure what new knowledge you walked out with.
IMO Harris won some undecided voters tonight. She appeared calm cool and collected compared to Trump’s ranting. If you didn’t know much about her coming in you left with the impression that she has a very strong aura.

and of course the best sound bite. immigrants eating dogs, cats, and pets.

• Love
IMO Harris won some undecided voters tonight. She appeared calm cool and collected compared to Trump’s ranting. If you didn’t know much about her coming in you left with the impression that she has a very strong aura.
You’re right if you think cool calm and collected is what undecided people are looking for. If you’re undecided at this point I’m betting you’re concerned about 2 or 3 issues and we got zero answers on any issues. In 2 weeks people are going to care about the issues they didn’t get answers to

Her first question was are people better off now and she responded about being brought up middle class. Both candidates dodged answering every question. She just did it better than him. Don’t you think it’s silly they asked him who he wants to win that war but not ask her who she wants to win the other war? That would be fair right?
There is no question about who Harris wants to win the war. There was a question of who Trump wants to win the war. It’s clear he wants the enemy of the USA to win the war. That why she wasn’t asked the same question.

Second, yes she ducked the first question but that is not the same type of softball question that was asked of Trump. Every other person who has been in the Whitr House would say Ukraine. But not Trump. Just another example of that he is a puppet of Putin. Let’s not excuse this. He is telling you exactly where his loyalties are. And it’s not America First.

There is no question about who Harris wants to win the war. There was a question of who Trump wants to win the war. It’s clear he wants the enemy of the USA to win the war. That why she wasn’t asked the same question.

Second, yes she ducked the first question but that is not the same type of softball question that was asked of Trump. Every other person who has been in the Whitr House would say Ukraine. But not Trump. Just another example of that he is a puppet of Putin. Let’s not excuse this. He is telling you exactly where his loyalties are. And it’s not America First.
She’s never come out and said she’s for Israel. The far left pro Hamas people would be protesting against her like crazy.

Also I think Harris didn’t answer the question if she ever met Putin.

The question she ducked is probably the most important question undecided voters are considering and she ducked it. At the end of the day they don’t care who’s eating a dog or cat. They want to know if they will be better off. She ducked selling people on why they’re better off now, probably because they’re not.

Last edited:
  • Sad
You’re right if you think cool calm and collected is what undecided people are looking for. If you’re undecided at this point I’m betting you’re concerned about 2 or 3 issues and we got zero answers on any issues. In 2 weeks people are going to care about the issues they didn’t get answers to
right so might as well go with the cool calm collected one

• Love
She’s never come out and said she’s for Israel.

She did at her convention. I thought her comments on Israel were pretty strong.

“Let me be clear, I will always stand up for Israel’s right to defend itself, and I will always ensure Israel has the ability to defend itself, because the people of Israel must never again face the horror that a terrorist organization called Hamas caused on Oct. 7, including unspeakable sexual violence and the massacre of young people at a music festival”

• Love
On the debate, Harris came in with a plan to stay calm, say very little substantively and bait Trump into going off the rails. Any other sane Republican would have crushed her on the issues.

I wouldn’t make the case that Harris “won”. She didn’t respond to many of the questions, and didn’t really convey a strong understanding of many issues. In any other year, she would be viewed as a very bad candidate. Standing next to Trump makes her look a lot better.

Much easier to make the case that Trump lost though. He was unfocused, took the bait from Harris every single time and just sounded crazy at times.

On the debate, Harris came in with a plan to stay calm, say very little substantively and bait Trump into going off the rails. Any other sane Republican would have crushed her on the issues.

I wouldn’t make the case that Harris “won”. She didn’t respond to many of the questions, and didn’t really convey a strong understanding of many issues. In any other year, she would be viewed as a very bad candidate. Standing next to Trump makes her look a lot better.

Much easier to make the case that Trump lost though. He was unfocused, took the bait from Harris every single time and just sounded crazy at times.
She won the debate because she was adequate. Not good or great. But while Trump went for a dark and hateful approach, Harris was optimistic and positive. Trump was awful. He did not make sense, he rambled and looked unprepared. He appeared old and looks like there is something wrong cognitively. It’s a. Big win for her.

• Love

She should have stated that he negotiated with the Taliban who was the accomplices of Bin Laden. And on the anniversary date of 9/11, he invited the terriorists of 9/11 to Camp David. She missed on some vital details.
So you want the USA to escalate the war? Secretary of State Blinken is over there now discussing long range missiles so Ukraine can attack Russia. Stopping the war is a bad option. Somebody has to win? You would rather see more people die than broker a peace deal. You hate Trump so much that you would rather see death and destruction rather than him get credit for making a few visits and phone calls to stop the war. Reminds me of when Obama went down to Cuba and people criticized him. I applaud when leaders take initiative. Interested to hear how you defend not wanting to stop a war.

“Let me be clear, I will always stand up for Israel’s right to defend itself, and I will always ensure Israel has the ability to defend itself, because the people of Israel must never again face the horror that a terrorist organization called Hamas caused on Oct. 7, including unspeakable sexual violence and the massacre of young people at a music festival”
Disagree that’s picking a side. You can say any nation has the right to defend itself that doesn’t pick a dog in the fight. You can replace the word Israel with any nation ally or enemy has the right to defend.

Last edited:

Tend to agree with you, end of the debate you are shaking your head at missed opportunities. Calling her a Marxist does nothing to move the needle. He scored when driving home the point she’s in office so do something. He scored when saying if his tariffs against China were bad why didn’t they remove them. Problem with Harris is nothing will get done she’s an empty suit. I’m not sure if she’s lazy or just not capable. I think the wars need to stop not into people being killed anywhere none of us should be. Harris is not going to get that done. If we are able to broker peace in the coming months she walks into the White House no problem.

I was impressed that she stated publicly her support. Yet she avoided any chance to bring peace to the area when the PM visited. Again empty suit or just not capable.

I was impressed that she stated publicly her support. Yet she avoided any chance to bring peace to the area when the PM visited. Again empty suit or just not capable.
not really sure that’s support. I can say I’m for any country defending itself from terrorists, but I’ve never once seen her condemn the river to sea. She’s pro Israel defending itself, not necessarily pro Israel. Heck if this happened to Russia I think most would be pro Russia defending itself not necessarily pro Russia.

• Wow

This.

Harris didn’t proactively win the debate but Trump willingly lost it. He has tons of opportunities to blast her on policy but he goes off on eating dog/cats and after birth abortion.

Disagree that’s picking a side. You can say any nation has the right to defend itself that doesn’t pick a dog in the fight. You can replace the word Israel with any nation ally or enemy has the right to defend.

Had she just said that they have the right to defend themselves, I'd agree. But she went on to say " I will always ensure Israel has the ability to defend itself" she is saying she will support the US continuing to help them. She was also criticized by Pro Palestinian groups after that speech.

So you want the USA to escalate the war? Secretary of State Blinken is over there now discussing long range missiles so Ukraine can attack Russia. Stopping the war is a bad option. Somebody has to win? You would rather see more people die than broker a peace deal. You hate Trump so much that you would rather see death and destruction rather than him get credit for making a few visits and phone calls to stop the war. Reminds me of when Obama went down to Cuba and people criticized him. I applaud when leaders take initiative. Interested to hear how you defend not wanting to stop a war.

Had she just said that they have the right to defend themselves, I'd agree. But she went on to say " I will always ensure Israel has the ability to defend itself" she is saying she will support the US continuing to help them. She was also criticized by Pro Palestinian groups after that speech.
I think you can insert any country including our biggest enemies in place of Israel in that quote. That's the right thing to as a leading nation.

And back to the original point, I think it would've been fair to ask her point blank who do you want to win that war because being pro ones right to defend itself doesn't make you pro that nation in a war. Just like I thought it would have been fair for the moderators to give her 30 seconds to respond when Trump was asking the moderators to ask her where she stands on abortion in months 7-9, but they wouldn't. She was let off the hook on that one.

its a debate for people on the fence and trump came across, per usual, as completely unhinged and hateful. btw he also has zero policies.
Agreed but people on the fence didn't learn anything new last night. They knew that about Trump before they watched the debate. If that was important to them they wouldn't have been undecided going in. Trump didn't lose any Trump voters. Kamala's base is excited she didn't blunder. And those looking for answers on policy got nothing from anyone.

She won the debate by not answering any questions and baiting him. He took the bait far too often. It could move the needle for folks who don't follow the issues.

IMO Trump is going to lose the election based on all the dumb stuff he continues to say and just keeps giving the left leaning media more ammo. He's so stupid when it comes to what he says. This election should be an easy win if he just focused on the 1) economy/inflation and 2) the horrible border situation and tried to pin her down on those two issues. But he can't help himself. He has no one else to blame but himself.

I am afraid of how far left Kamala is. She will say all the right things to win but then go hard left once she is in office. My hope is that the Senate is split or leans Republican to slow her down.

The big picture for the Republican party is they need to get rid of Trump in order to move forward IMO. He's taking the whole party down a ridiculous rabbit hole and the party will continue to lose elections under his power. The result if she wins and controls the Senate will be the country will move hard to a liberal globalist strategy which is not good for anyone.

And back to the original point, I think it would've been fair to ask her point blank who do you want to win that war because being pro ones right to defend itself doesn't make you pro that nation in a war.

From my view, it seems like she is saying Israel is right in going after Hamas and wants Hamas defeated.

I am afraid of how far left Kamala is. She will say all the right things to win but then go hard left once she is in office. My hope is that the Senate is split or leans Republican to slow her down.

fwiw, I don't see that at all.
Her record as DA and AG was not far left at all and the far left was not a fan of that/

I don't think a record in the senate translates as well. You're either voting in line or against your party and she was in line.
Not arguing that's a good thing, I just don't see it as an indicator of how she would lead as president. I don't see a hard left turn for her honestly and she would want a 2nd term so would be unlikely to stick her neck out for things that are unpopular.

The big picture for the Republican party is they need to get rid of Trump in order to move forward IMO.

This election would not be close right now if it was Harris vs Desantis or Haley. A shame that Trump has such a hold over the party.

She won the debate by not answering any questions and baiting him. He took the bait far too often. It could move the needle for folks who don't follow the issues.

IMO Trump is going to lose the election based on all the dumb stuff he continues to say and just keeps giving the left leaning media more ammo. He's so stupid when it comes to what he says. This election should be an easy win if he just focused on the 1) economy/inflation and 2) the horrible border situation and tried to pin her down on those two issues. But he can't help himself. He has no one else to blame but himself.

The big picture for the Republican party is they need to get rid of Trump in order to move forward IMO. He's taking the whole party down a ridiculous rabbit hole and the party will continue to lose elections under his power. The result if she wins and controls the Senate will be the country will move hard to a liberal globalist strategy which is not good for anyone.
Kamala is far left and will remain that way. She told us all that with her statement that her values haven't changed. That's dog-whistle for don't believe what I am saying now, I'll say anything to get elected, and then go back to my far left roots.

Really looks like the Senate will go to the repubs. As for the House, anybody's guess.

Reactions: shu09
From my view, it seems like she is saying Israel is right in going after Hamas and wants Hamas defeated.
From my view she's saying, they were attacked, and like any country who is attacked they should and they do have a right in going after their attacker....who she wants is left unsaid and I believe left unsaid for a reason to make sure she doesn't lose the far left nutjobs from coming out to vote.

To put it in basketball terms, if Seton Hall makes a dirty play, I have no problem when a team comes after Seton Hall for making that dirty play. Over the course of a year all teams make a dirty play or two, that doesn't necessarily mean when a fight breaks out on the court I'm rooting for the other team to win the fight. If a fight broke out because of the nut punch 15 years ago I wasn't rooting for Texas Tech, but be damn sure I have no problem with teammates coming to defend their teammate getting cheap shotted.

Really looks like the Senate will go to the repubs. As for the House, anybody's guess.

Agree. If the dems take the senate, it will likely be because Harris won in a landslide with down ballot implications.
I don't see that happening at this point but could at least be the thing that helps convince republicans to get off the trump train.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT