ADVERTISEMENT

Dec: Oops

This has been a very mediocre Michigan State team to date (4-5 coming in). Thus the oops

MSU's losses are to James Madison (10-0), Duke (7-3) in Chicago, Arizona (8-1) in Palm Springs, Wisconsin (8-3) and at Nebraska (9-2). The two teams we lost to in San Diego have more losses than those five schools combined.

Duke and Arizona were ranked in the top 10 when they played. Wisconsin was also ranked when they played and JMU is currently ranked.

They also have a 20-point win over Butler.

I agree that they haven't played like the top 10 team they were touted to be.

They have also played a difficult schedule to this point with seven (of 10) games against top 70 opponents.

While they have just one true road game, they have played two neutral site games (against top AP 10 teams) and one in Detroit against a third AP top 10.

From Friday night. Not an oops but maybe should be.

St. Peter's 73 Kean 70

Florida Gulf Coast 78 Florida Memorial 75 in OT

Not only buy games but buy games that don't count towards NCAA Tournament consideration.

From Friday night. Not an oops but maybe should be.

St. Peter's 73 Kean 70

Florida Gulf Coast 78 Florida Memorial 75 in OT

Not only buy games but buy games that don't count towards NCAA Tournament consideration.
Can you explain? I'm assuming the buy was from SPU and FGC. And both won. So I'm missing the maybe should be an oops.

2-12 (now 13) Stonehill, missing 3 starters to injury and with only 6 scholarship players available...falls by 1 at the RAC.

I was at the FAU-FGCU game . Davis on FAU is a big time talent . He made some tough shots and I thought Mays should have run the offense through him . FGCU for their level have a lot of talent but Pat Chambers, the former Penn State coach, is doing a poor job . Apparently like some other head coaches he doesn't believe in practicing rebounding.
I thought some power 6 school would go after Zach Anderson from FGCU but no one did . He had 20something points and made some crunch time 3 pointers .

One more from Saturday.

Division II Anderson (SC) 79 Furman 74

The Trojans improve to 6-6 (0-3 in the South Atlantic Conference) with the win although their website terms it an exhibition. Up next a road trip to Mars Hill next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT