ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado's Return = Lots of Money?

each school gets their respective share of NCAA funds that are paid to each conference based on a set amount (VERY small) per scholarship offered by each school.

Would you be able to quantify the set amount?

I've always been under the assumption that the following 3 revenue streams are shared evenly amongst all conference members:

1) tv money
2) bowl game revenue
3) NCAA tournament credits

So for example, even tho they won the national championship Clemson didn't make anymore money from playing in the playoffs than any other ACC team. Clemson's share of the college playoffs was split evenly amongst the entire acc.

All other revenue such as home game ticket sales and merchandise are not subject to revenue share and kept by the school.

Last edited:
I've always been under the assumption that the following 3 revenue streams are shared evenly amongst all conference members:

1) tv money
2) bowl game revenue
3) NCAA tournament credits

So for example, even tho they won the national championship Clemson didn't make anymore money from playing in the playoffs than any other ACC team. Clemson's share of the college playoffs was split evenly amongst the entire acc.

All other revenue such as home game ticket sales and merchandise are not subject to revenue share and kept by the school.

That is correct, but with the football bowl games schools have to purchase minimum amount of tickets and are responsible for all travel costs. Not all conferences have cost sharing for the tickets obligation, but I know the B1G does. Let's earn some more credits this upcoming season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...illion-from-the-ncaa-tournament/#5f830cd3331e

Just thinking out loud here....I would assume that if a conference has an equal revenue sharing agreement they would also have equal cost sharing agreements (like the Big Ten does as you pointed out). It would make sense to me that if a conference doesn't have an equal cost sharing agreement they probably have a performance based component/incentive in their revenue sharing agreement. Otherwise the over performers are stuck with the full bill and only a sliver of the revenue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT