ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody know how to play the game

90 days ago if you told me this happened in a Yankee game I would have assumed Gleyber or Volpe did it. All things clicking for the Bombers

I don't watch a lot of baseball anymore but follow the Yanks closely. The base running in major league baseball is atrocious. Especially the Yankees base running (see Gleyber Torres on the bases - ugh). Terrific play by Wells who may be the answer to the Yankees long search for a catcher since Posada - love that kid.

Also great play by Chisolm who is just learning how to play third base. Bonehead play by the runner. Really dumb but it happens night in and night out in the MLB now. Players are too interested in their look and making gestures to the dugout instead of focusing on the game. Base running isn't that hard and I also blame the coaching for not feeling like they can get in these prima-donna players faces when they make these mistakes. Earl Weaver and Billy Martin would have been screaming at the dude as he entered the clubhouse. In extras that could have caused the Mariners the game for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT