ADVERTISEMENT

Done

Do we think the roster is set or could the addition of dual ruffle feathers and see someone like Chaunce bounce?

That won't cut it. You don't attend class and you don't play for Sha.
I get it, but these are professionals now. Sure, some will care about the education piece. Others won’t, and why even go through the charade. This kid apparently had zero interest in being a collegiate student last year and almost turned pro despite a subpar season. He’s here for a one year audition and being paid to play basketball.

He was also ejected early last season for punching a KSU player. Hopefully he reflects on last year, learns from it and develops a stronger relationship with Sha. He has talent.

Many on this board called him some pretty harsh things and said he should be suspended for the whole year.

Wonder why those posters have not kept up that energy over the past 24 hours?? 🤔🤔

He’s one of those players that you often say “how the heck did he do that?” Later in the same game you might say “why the heck did he do that? Or why won’t he try to do that great thing again?”. If Sha can help him mature, mentally and physically then he will significantly add to your season. He is a very quiet, I would actually say he is shy, but he is absolutely a good kid. By choosing the coach he did tells me he is ready to mature. No BS with Sha, he knows what’s ahead for him.

This is a roster full of “untapped potential” guys. Some will play up to their potential at the Hall, some won’t. The important thing is Sha has given himself options across the board.

A lot of work to be done, but there’s reason to be optimistic heading into November - much more hope than we had a month ago.

He was also ejected early last season for punching a KSU player. Hopefully he reflects on last year, learns from it and develops a stronger relationship with Sha. He has talent.

Many on this board called him some pretty harsh things and said he should be suspended for the whole year.

Wonder why those posters have not kept up that energy over the past 24 hours?? 🤔🤔
I'm a bit surprised it took as long as it did for this to come up.

Hopefully it was just a one time, heat of the moment thing.

Stir the pot much Pat

Last edited:
Reactions: shupat08
This is a roster full of “untapped potential” guys. Some will play up to their potential at the Hall, some won’t. The important thing is Sha has given himself options across the board.

A lot of work to be done, but there’s reason to be optimistic heading into November - much more hope than we had a month ago.
I think you've summed it up quite well there. I'm now looking forward to seeing these guys on the floor. Sha has a job ahead of him to get these guys to gel into a unit but I have faith in his ability to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
I get it, but these are professionals now. Sure, some will care about the education piece. Others won’t, and why even go through the charade. This kid apparently had zero interest in being a collegiate student last year and almost turned pro despite a subpar season. He’s here for a one year audition and being paid to play basketball.
So as per Dan he won’t play if he takes your approach . End of story. It’s not that hard to understand why maintaining discipline by Sha is important. I don’t doubt a test of the rules will be offered but that would be a mistake.

Dual was born here but parents from South Sudan.

- Tubek (South Sudan)
- Okorafor (Nigeria)
- Aligbe (Nigeria)
- Toumi (Tunisia/France)
- Mbaye (Senegal)
- Wusu (Ghana)
- Dual (South Sudan)
- Erhereine (Nigeria)

just in Holloway’s tenure there have been others (Nganga etc). Does the staff have international contact(s)? Seems more than coincidence although some like Wusu had relationships.
Redefining diversity

All credit to staff + donors for getting this roster together. It is really impressive, with a lot of athletes and scoring options. I will wait to see how the staff envisions things, but my guess is it's going to be a pain in the ass to play Seton Hall next year - fresh legs for 40 minutes, every basket earned. Caveat: a lot of guys need to continue their development, and egos will need to be put aside. Really excited.

One additional thought. If there is any year to play small ball in the BE, it is this year. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, but best to be both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT