ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Breaks Down His Schools

Duke scares me. McDonald's All Americans in his ear, fans cheering his name, arguably the best coach/program in the nation.

Some reason duke doesn't scare me. My gut says if it was Duke he would have committed already

Take your pick; Duke, Kansas, Arizona. Should beware all of these schools.

A recent retweet of his was about former Duke PG Kyrie Irving's plethora of dribbling skills. I would think he's heading to Duke with us a bridesmaid.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong but would be very shocked to see pirates land this kid. Up against stiff competition.

I think we are an underdog here. It's going to be extremely hard to beat out any of these schools.

Don't get your hopes up. For those of us in sales, 10% odds at best.

Difficult to see us landing him hope the staff has a Plan B that has a high chance of success.

would figure if it was us, he would have committed already. He is waiting to see "who does what." I think Arizona or Kansas. Don't think he is talking about Delgado or Deeno. Too bad...

Reactions: BrooklynPirate
Yup. They all scare me. Great coaches, great programs and a proven track record of getting kids to the league. Plus a kid like Duvall isn't scared of competing against top returning or incoming players for PT. And you know those schools are selling the above plus the chance to play with a great supporting cast, which will only showcase Duvall's skills even more for the next level.

Take your pick; Duke, Kansas, Arizona. Should beware all of these schools.

Lot of guys "in his ear". I thought the advantage we had was the relationship with Powell, but from this article is appears he has a number of former teammates / friends that are doing some selling. Big East Tourney at the Garden is a special atmosphere and we're the only ones able to provide that.

He's at the McDonald's All-American workouts surronded by all the top recruits in the country. They (the recruits) are all in his ear about playing with them. Kentucky has a 5-Star incoming PG in Quade Greene.

Is the KY reference the tweet at the end of the zags piece or something more than that?

Duval was asked if the players are recruiting him at the McD's workouts and he said.."Yeah everyone's been recruiting me. Guys from Kentucky been recruiting me, guys from Kansas, Duke, so everyone just been in on the recruiting."

Of course they are going to recruit him. Doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Seton75
The difference with us.....Powell said "Duval is his BEST friend"...whether that's enough, that's the question!

This is the KY PG from ESPN's rankings. Not sure when it was last updated.

Quade Green

Video | Scouts Report

PG Philadelphia, PA
Neumann-Goretti High School 6'1'' 170 92

KENTUCKYSIGNED

I think Duval is intrigued by the possibility of leading the Hall deep into the tournament and having his name forever linked to Seton Hall Basketball. At a place like Duke, his name will always be mentioned after Dawkins Hurley, Laetner, etc. etc. etc.

I would venture to say that Duval's confidence is so high that he would expect to start at pg no matter where he goes. I doubt this kid is scared off by other 5 star pg's that are committed or already in the program.

Also, I'm sure that the opposing coaches are telling him he is the best thing since sliced bread and with him they can win a national championship with him as their lead guard.

I would venture to say that Duval's confidence is so high that he would expect to start at pg no matter where he goes. I doubt this kid is scared off by other 5 star pg's that are committed or already in the program.

Also, I'm sure that the opposing coaches are telling him he is the best thing since sliced bread and with him they can win a national championship with him as their lead guard.
But if a coach has a 5* pg signed why would they try to get another? First of all 1 is not going to start and that's going to be 1 pissed off player. Also I'm sure the coach would like to use that scholarship on another player at a different position

It would be amazing to land duval. Looks like we really need graham to stick around kansas to help our chances. Also wonder if gilies leaving duke will matter at all.

I'm not worried about Kentucky at all. They have their PG for next season. Like others have said, it's the McDonald's All American Game and there is plenty of talent there. The guys who have committed are going to talk about how great their school is and try to convince the other players of that. It's up to our staff and players to stay in contact with Trevon and make sure that we don't get lost in the shuffle during all of these all-star games.

Kansas fans are saying that Devonte Graham is most likely staying another year so I honestly think it comes down to us and Duke. With the amount of players leaving Duke and the recent efforts by Mizzou to land Knox, I question how appealing Duke will look a month from now.

He said unequivocally he would not consider Kansas if Trae Young had signed. Duval will play wherever he goes but he doesn't want to share PG duties with anyone.

If he's a 1 and done we will need another pg anyway. Can't we take Walker if he wants to come here as well?

Get ready for some unbridled optimism...

While everyone sees us on his list and is wondering wtf? we are actually a compelling option for him.

He's been at boarding school for last 2-3 years, no where near his family and friends. Playing for Seton Hall gets him close to so his family and friends can watch him before he goes pro. In an video interview pasted below while talking about being home over the summer he mentions how nice it is to be back home for these reasons.

Also, why would he REALLY wait to announce if your choice is not Seton Hall (or Baylor maybe)? It's the only truly risky option and one in which you'd like to keep all your options open just to make sure it's he right thing. Nothing necessarily that risky/unknown/dynamic at the other schools. Am I going to get 30 or 35 minutes of PT is not something to hold out for.

Plus, it would be less pressure to go to Seton Hall with tons of upside. We'll take anything he's got and, unlike the other schools where it will be win it all or the year was a complete failure (again, except for Baylor.)

Not to mention playing with and learning from veterans, filling a vacuum at that position and having the potential to put a team back on the map.

Great points on why he would select Seton Hall:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/02/05/...es-big-impression-trevon-duval-return-jersey/

Check out this interview at minute 22:00 he says his selection will 'surprise people':

IMO, the only surprise from his list is Seton Hall.

Still a long shot tho.

Reactions: hallwins
That video is fairly old. I imagine a lot has changed since then. I'd listen again to confirm but that dude interviewing him is unwatchable.

Reactions: Pirate 81
Yeah, who is that guy? He also interviewed Myles Cale. For some reason these kids feel like it's worth their time to meet in his backyard.

Oh, and Duval has some sort of relationship with Under Armour in summer leagues per the interview that initiated this thread.

Dan, you have been pretty quiet on Duval & pg for next year.

Chances we land Duval, Walker, grad transfer?

Something no one has mentioned, Duvall is from Delaware so is Cale. They are #1 and #2 ranked players in Delaware. I wonder if they have any type of relationship. Duvall seems to have a lot of pride for DE as he is always talking about the 302 (DE area code)

Reactions: hallwins
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT