ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Official Visit

Just posted this on the Trove but will here as well:

My Lord...I figured there was no way this was ever going to happen. Now all the chatter has me wondering if it could possibly be?!?...

The win today with him there, the reports that one of the best big men in the country (Delgado) was leading the recruiting charge the last 2 days has me hopeful...

Please Trevon, be different, the roster is set up perfectly for you to be one and done and a local legend who helps lead The Hall back to the promise land... Anybody can do it at Duke, but The Hall???

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the rules of an official visit but someone posted a couple weeks ago that Duval wasn't allowed to go to the BET on his visit. Was that correct? Or was this a loophole where his visit was officially over and the NCAA can't prevent him from going to the Garden with his dad to watch the game?

I know the rules are pretty strict - I remember Jay Wright getting in trouble for buying a kid a cheese steak 10 years ago.

He technically has to pay for his own ticket into the arena is my understanding but anything else is same as a normal official visit.

No statenman, you are not the only one. That being said, I think that you can make the argument that we might be entitled to feel differently this time. Based on Duval looking for the best possible opportunity to play his "one and done", it seems that the stars are aligning. Trying to look at it objectively (impossible I know), I think SHU has a lot to offer Duval. Assuming that Angel stays, Duval can be teamed with 3 x 1000+ point scorers, nations best rebounder, and an elite-defender (when healthy). Would think that on paper, we would have Top-10 talent. I would think that SHU would get a lot of publicity next year as the new kid on the block, which would only serve to benefit Duval. Not to mention the UA connection and the relationship he has with Powell. Compared to Whitehead's recruitment, this should be a much easier "sell." Cognizant that there are a multitude of reasons behind how these young men choose their college, and like the rest, not sure what Duvall is exactly thinking. But I am allowing myself to hope...

No statenman, you are not the only one. That being said, I think that you can make the argument that we might be entitled to feel differently this time. Based on Duval looking for the best possible opportunity to play his "one and done", it seems that the stars are aligning. Trying to look at it objectively (impossible I know), I think SHU has a lot to offer Duval. Assuming that Angel stays, Duval can be teamed with 3 x 1000+ point scorers, nations best rebounder, and an elite-defender (when healthy). Would think that on paper, we would have Top-10 talent. I would think that SHU would get a lot of publicity next year as the new kid on the block, which would only serve to benefit Duval. Not to mention the UA connection and the relationship he has with Powell. Compared to Whitehead's recruitment, this should be a much easier "sell." Cognizant that there are a multitude of reasons behind how these young men choose their college, and like the rest, not sure what Duvall is exactly thinking. But I am allowing myself to hope...

Plus playing with his best friend, his parents ability to see him play OFTEN, the emergence of Nzei as another lowpost weapon and Myles Cale coming aboard as another weapon (and another Delaware dude).

I agree that this year is different recruiting approach to a stud player to come the Hall. It has always been the sell to revive the program to its once great glory. Be the savior to the program type of approach. This year it is different. It's become the Final Piece and be special.Not with the future hope of glory but present chance at glory. No doubt they would be a top 10-15 team if he comes.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Dan, I was unable to make it up to the press box. Can you go over what stories you guys were sharing? I promise never to miss again.
I was doing most of the talking and the info is on the Trove.

Just hoping all tiss incredibly good news is accurate.

Unlike when I posted well before Whitehead committed that he was coming here that info was from his AAU coach.

Here I am getting multiple info from various sources, but none as impact as Whitehead' AAU coach.

Still the news is veyt positive to so keep your fingers crossed.

I think it's us and Duke going down to the wire.

Would rather we bring in a solid big than someone coming for one year. Have gone down that road before. We seem to have very good chemistry and talent with current underclassmen, and am predicting Cale fits in well.

Would rather we bring in a solid big than someone coming for one year. Have gone down that road before. We seem to have very good chemistry and talent with current underclassmen, and am predicting Cale fits in well.

o_O
That would be great if Cale was the nation's best incoming point guard. Or, a point guard...

FWIW, grad transfers are coming in for 1 year only.

Are you serious?

Trevon Duval can come here and be on a Top 10-15 team in the country next year with two years of NCAA experience and a senior laden crew.

or he could go be teammates with Grayson Allen.
I've said it before, I just don't see Duval fitting in and falling in love with the duke badketball teams culture...

Trevon Duval can come here and be on a Top 10-15 team in the country next year with two years of NCAA experience and a senior laden crew.

or he could go be teammates with Grayson Allen
36827883.jpg

I won't lose my mind if Duval doesn't pick The Hall. But objectively looking at the potential roster for next year and the 1 glaring opening, there will never be a better opportunity to make the sale to a top recruit than what The Hall has to offer right now...

Back to back NCAAs for the first time since '94, four returning Senior starters, 3 of them 1k point scorers and one also 1k rebounder, rounded out by an unselfish #4 who does all the little things and plays great defense. A rising Soph in Powell who is also a close friend, an impact frosh in Cale, NZei for depth up front and a huge Frosh Big Man (Brodie) who can hopefully find some minutes here and there...

It certainly may not happen, but the "Stars being aligned" is certainly the best way to put it... Hopefully it gets done.

Would add some juice for the league too if he verballed this weekend during the BET.
Can you imagine all the leads? In New York where the Big East playing their tournament the # player has announced he will be going to..... Don't want to jinx it by saying the words that shall not be said.

I won't lose my mind if Duval doesn't pick The Hall. But objectively looking at the potential roster for next year and the 1 glaring opening, there will never be a better opportunity to make the sale to a top recruit than what The Hall has to offer right now...
Certainly not for a core group whose eligibility is about to expire, and you've got a top PG who makes no bones about not staying for more than one year. It's really ideal in terms of maximizing 2017-18.

I'm with you. More concerned on Kansas and Zona. Even with some of the guys they have they are telling the kid he will be the man

I've said it before, I just don't see Duval fitting in and falling in love with the duke badketball teams culture...

I'm with you. More concerned on Kansas and Zona. Even with some of the guys they have they are telling the kid he will be the man
that's interesting.. I believe trae young who picked Oklahoma over Kansas mentioned something on the lines of not being sure he would be the man with Malik newman and Graham possibly in line to play some pg.

Statenman

I will wait until the official announcement. I am not even going to get giddy if I read a "Done".

I still remember the NSL reporting that Ron Artest was going to announce SHU on TV the next day, only to watch him put a St Johns hat on.

Reactions: mountain25
And Artest was actually very, very close to going to Miami.

Statenman

I will wait until the official announcement. I am not even going to get giddy if I read a "Done".

I still remember the NSL reporting that Ron Artest was going to announce SHU on TV the next day, only to watch him put a St Johns hat on.

I will go on record now saying I gaurantee <Patrick Ewing voice> a BET and regular season championship with Duval on this squad.

Reactions: Flnj86
Heard from (I take as a reliable source tonight) it's between Duke and the Hall. Everybody else is a long shot. Here's hoping.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT