ADVERTISEMENT

Eron Gordon vs Shavar Reynolds

cams555

Sophomore
Oct 24, 2019
Somehow i came across that Eron Gordon got a G-League invite and I just cant figure out how.
I mean I am sure it helps that he has a famous brother but by comparison and the eye test I would take Shavar.

Don't know about reasons for G-League invitations. Shavar was a very good story; got 100% from his abilities; played out of position his senior year. Eron is better point guard.

Playing in the G-League doesn't necessarily mean you are better than players who play overseas. There are many players who play in the G-league and/or Summer League who are really just roster/practice filler. Each team may have about 3-4 players who have a legitimate opportunity to make a NBA roster

Angel, IW & Myles Powell could all be stars in the G-League but there's much more money overseas. Once it's evident you don't have a good chance to get an NBA roster spot, most players choose to take the money overseas.

Gordon played a few minutes last season (4.9 minutes per game over 17 games) but not sure he's on a roster this year. I read that KC Ndefo and Anthony Nelson were recently cut by teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT