ADVERTISEMENT

Expanding tournament may be in Big East's best interest

tpbtpb17

Recruit
Jan 16, 2020
This year it definitely would've been the difference getting at least one more team in the tournament (Seton Hall), and quite possibly three more teams (St Johns, Providence). I was not a big fan of doing this, but it's becoming clear that with the football schools running the show, we need additional slots just to stay relevant.

This year it definitely would've been the difference getting at least one more team in the tournament (Seton Hall), and quite possibly three more teams (St Johns, Providence). I was not a big fan of doing this, but it's becoming clear that with the football schools running the show, we need additional slots just to stay relevant.

So you want to turn the best tournament in the country into the crapfest that the college bowls are!? No thanks!

So you want to turn the best tournament in the country into the crapfest that the college bowls are!? No thanks!
I think it's going to 76 (or possibly higher) regardless of what I think. For money reasons, greed, and I wasn't a fan of doing it originally.

But now I'm OK with it, after seeing what happened this year. It can help us get more teams from the BE in the tournament, which is always good for recruitment.

One bad year should not drive anything. We lost at home to a bad Rutgers team and our ooc record was bad. Blown out in too many games. No show at BET.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT