ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP Poll

Maryland 5 points? Rutgers 2?

How do you vote anyone top 25 who didn't make the tournament. What nonsense.
Absolute craziness or some type of under the table deal…. On a larger scale I think it’s all part of a major scheme to end the big East and force the hands of UCONN, Creighton, etc to leave and join the two major conferences and force our hand to close up shop as we know it

Absolute craziness or some type of under the table deal…. On a larger scale I think it’s all part of a major scheme to end the big East and force the hands of UCONN, Creighton, etc to leave and join the two major conferences and force our hand to close up shop as we know it
Yeah you're a little overboard on that one. Those conferences care a lot more about football. The B1G wouldn't care going another 50 years without a national title in basketball if they kept winning in football. I can't picture them wanting anything to do with UConn, Villanova, Creighton, etc because no football.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
And now the poll is not listed on the site. Instead, the message "The latest AP Top 25 is not currently available. It will be posted as soon as possible." And the previous weeks' polls are not longer accessible either. Strange.

ummm... seton hall?
Not top 25. The committee didn’t see them as top 40. Forget the play in teams. Winning the tournament of teams ranked between 50 and 100 doesn’t make a team top 25. But you’ll get tons of likes and positive feedback. If anyone is putting us on the same level of any of the top 6 seeds in any region they’re nuts. It would be like Purdue getting more votes than UConn today.

Last edited:
Not top 25. The committee didn’t see them as top 40. Forget the play in teams. Winning the tournament of teams ranked between 50 and 100 doesn’t make a team top 25. But you’ll get tons of likes and positive feedback. If anyone is putting us on the same level of any of the top 6 seeds in any region they’re nuts.
Committee not ranking this the ap voters are

Committee not ranking this the ap voters are
If any of the AP thinks Seton Hall was better than any of the top 6 seeds plus NC State, they should really be questioned no different than they should be questioned on RU and MD getting votes. It's absurd. Beating teams 50-100 doesn't make a team top 25. We'd all be saying the Johnnies being top 25 is just stupid if they won the NIT, and we'd be right.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
We'd all be saying the Johnnies being top 25 is just stupid if they won the NIT, and we'd be right.
The truest statement ever in the history of this board, lol. And no doubt mixed in would be some conspiracy theory about how Pitino did something nefarious to make that happen.

Miami, Arkansas, Maryland and Rutgers all sub 500 teams made his top 25 . With his thinking I'm surprised he didn't put Virginia and DePaul in the top 25 .

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
There is no rhyme or reason to his ballot. I thought for a moment that maybe he was filling out a ballot for next preseason (which would be stupid, but looking for an explanation), and that may be the best way to account for it. But even then it’s pretty idiotic. This is clearly someone who ought to have his ballot taken away from him. Either clueless or non-serious.

SH getting 39 points is different than 1 idiot making a farce of himself by voting for Maryland and Rutgers. It shows that a lot of media around the country felt we belonged in the NCAA Tournament and/or respected the way we approached and won the NIT. And these were not local voters if you look who voted for us. It's media from all over the country including Rothstein and Seth Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT