ADVERTISEMENT

Finally!!!

I had people around my seat saying no stop shooting every time Wusu took a shot. His shot dropping is a big part of our success, he has to take the wide open threes. Law of averages says he can get hot right now. He’s a streaky shooter he gets them to drop we can go deep in the tournament plus helps open up the area underneath the basket. Met a teacher at SHU who has Wusu in his class and says you could not find a nicer young guy. Fingers crossed he starts delivering again on offense. Kid plays hard every night.

I had people around my seat saying no stop shooting every time Wusu took a shot. His shot dropping is a big part of our success, he has to take the wide open threes. Law of averages says he can get hot right now. He’s a streaky shooter he gets them to drop we can go deep in the tournament plus helps open up the area underneath the basket. Met a teacher at SHU who has Wusu in his class and says you could not find a nicer young guy. Fingers crossed he starts delivering again on offense. Kid plays hard every night.
If he has the type of hot streak in March that starts correcting his % to pre-SHU it’ll be a different team. I’m not banking on it as we’ve been waiting for a correction all year and sometimes it doesn’t come.

Reactions: garyshu71
When they said Dixon has never lost to us in his career, it hit me how long they've had our number.
Not only have they had our number, but most of the games are heartbreakers. We have played them in so many consequential games and came up short.

They blocked us from the BET title in 2019 and the BE RS outright in 2020, maybe our 2021 and 2023 collapses don’t happen without the close losses to them, etc. In the 8-game losing streak to them spanning 4 years (😱) I believe 5 of them came down to the final minute. That’s torturous.

This win meant a lot more considering that background and who we beat.
Any game we can get 9 threes, 39% we’ll be very tough! Great win.
And Dawes only made 2. In fact he’s scored less than 10 points in each of the past 2 games.

Teams are really playing it rough and tight against Dawes. And taking him into the low post when he’s on defense . His smallish stature is working against him right now. He’s going to have a tough time the rest of the way if this continues.

We got 3 unexpected 3s from Wuse and EHE. They were huge. 3pt shooting, great D is the difference between winning and losing.
There was a chaotic sequence where Hausen went down and then Richmond slipped on that same spot and turned the ball over. Then Bediako got back to block a shot, and the ball found Addae-Wusu who drained a 3 to put us up 41-29.

It reminded me of that sequence in 2019 when Mamu blocked a Nova shot and Nelson found Powell for a BOMB 3. The Gus Johnson “What Trenton makes…” bit.

Reactions: U-Hall
Thought going in that Dawes would be the difference--was wrong -- the Team was the difference especially on the Boards -- Team will get better when Dawes gets going ( and he will).

Thought going in that Dawes would be the difference--was wrong -- the Team was the difference especially on the Boards -- Team will get better when Dawes gets going ( and he will).
It was clear that Sha sent the team a message about rebounding. We had 3 guys jumping as high as they could to fight each other for rebounds many times.

I was probably one of those guys...lol

Glad he made a couple

Throw the Creighton and Uconn games out. People were panicking. We're by no means an elite team but we'll give a higher seed hell in the tourney.
I think you'll give fits to anyone who isn't used to your guard play on both sides of the ball. I like to think we're pretty good team, but you guys destroyed us in our first meeting. No reason why you shouldn't do the same thing to teams in the tournament. It'll all depend on the bracket but I actually think you guys can go pretty far. Of course, first you have to beat DePaul. A win against St. John's in the first round of the big east tournament wouldn't hurt either.

It was clear that Sha sent the team a message about rebounding. We had 3 guys jumping as high as they could to fight each other for rebounds many times.
I noticed that Nova seemed to be giving up on offensive boards in order to get back on D. More than a couple times we had three SHU players grabbing the rebound with not a Nova player in sight

Reactions: garyshu71
A few guys mentioned Wusu line driving his shots, Had his arc back Wednesday and he had less wrapping on his arms too I think.

Do we know what is wrong with Al's calf? Don't remember it being wrapped before the Nova game. Did I just miss it or was that new?

Al made only 2 shots. And man, were they HUGE!

There was a chaotic sequence where Hausen went down and then Richmond slipped on that same spot and turned the ball over. Then Bediako got back to block a shot, and the ball found Addae-Wusu who drained a 3 to put us up 41-29.

It reminded me of that sequence in 2019 when Mamu blocked a Nova shot and Nelson found Powell for a BOMB 3. The Gus Johnson “What Trenton makes…” bit.
The quote was “Powell, from Trenton! Whoooooo!” Then Gus added “What Trenton makes the world takes.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Piratz
I think you'll give fits to anyone who isn't used to your guard play on both sides of the ball. I like to think we're pretty good team, but you guys destroyed us in our first meeting. No reason why you shouldn't do the same thing to teams in the tournament. It'll all depend on the bracket but I actually think you guys can go pretty far. Of course, first you have to beat DePaul. A win against St. John's in the first round of the big east tournament wouldn't hurt either.
You guys are clearly good enough to win it all.

With us, I like the idea that other teams haven’t seen us and our physicality can take it to them. I worry that the non Big East refs may call the game tighter…which would be a killer for a team with no depth.

Who knows…but it’s fun to be in the mix at the greatest time of year!

Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT