ADVERTISEMENT

Floor Generals

Listen why are people angry at Kadary. I get it he left us to go across the river. But who among you would leave $300,000 to $500,000 on the table to stay at Seton Hall? Answer. None of you.
Was only St. John's offering that amount? If he went to say Arkansas or Oregon, I don't think Seton Hall fans would be as upset. It's not the $$, it's the school he chose.

Explain the progress his team made against us each time out. Fluke?
We did not play well in very hostile environments, generally speaking, last season. We got crushed at Uconn, destroyed at Creighton, thumped at Marquette when we were up by 12 in the first half. We did beat Indiana State in a hostile environment by 2. But if we had played them at the Prudential Center we would have beaten them by at least 15, in my opinion.

So St Johns had a packed Garden in their BET game against us. Were there 2000 only SHU fans there? And St. John's was out for blood after we humiliated then in Brooklyn, which was almost like a neutral floor.

I do believe St Johns improved a bit but not by much.

Listen why are people angry at Kadary. I get it he left us to go across the river. But who among you would leave $300,000 to $500,000 on the table to stay at Seton Hall? Answer. None of you.

You might make every decision in life about money, but not everyone does. Leaving for your rival is a spineless coward move. Weak back, weak spine.

You might make every decision in life about money, but not everyone does. Leaving for your rival is a spineless coward move. Weak back, weak spine.
Rumor is he didn't leave for the best money deal so it wasn't all about money. Probably money, coaching, and close to home all factored in. That doesn't sound like all about the money. It just came from the rival.

I mean how is this any different than Danny Hurley coaching at rival UConn.

He transferred from his alma mater to its rival university? How does he find the time to play major league baseball and go to college?
Pretty sad you have to narrow it down to at the college level. I guess the destination doesn't matter at the pro level. So I guess it's okay when kids from St. Joe's transfer to Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco? It's only bad at the college level.

Or how about this Hurley guy coach at one of his alma mater's rival universities? Guy could coach anywhere in the country.

Pretty sad you have to narrow it down to at the college level. So I guess it's okay when kids from St. Joe's transfer to Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco? It's only bad at the college level.

Or how about this Hurley guy coach at one of his alma mater's rival universities? Guy could coach anywhere in the country.
Or he could coach at the best program in the country, which he does. He's a the top of his profession. And he didn't have to leave Seton Hall to do it.

The thing that makes this situation where the kid transferred from our university to our in-conference rival so stark is that there isn't an apt comparison for it.

Or he could coach at the best program in the country, which he does. He's a the top of his profession. And he didn't have to leave Seton Hall to do it.

The thing that makes this situation where the kid transferred from our university to our in-conference rival so stark is that there isn't an apt comparison for it.
Uconn was far from the best program when he took over. He could've made made a lot of other places best program in the country.

I think people need to check out the transfer portal in college football. It happens quite often. Guys going from Florida State to Miami, Oklahoma to Oklahoma State, etc.

Well let's see they had a 1st year roster, we had a mainly second year roster. First time we blew them out. Second time they choked away the lead (improvement from the first game). Third time they almost beat us by 20 (improvement). Is it all about record or making your team better? Either we got worse as the season went along or they got better and I'll tell you this, we didn't get worse. I would say if you want to brag about the development of our guys under Sha, you have to admit SJU developed into a much better team.
Yes, and Richmond was a no show in that game. Dre also had a poor game. No doubt Rick is a good coach, and got a lot out of Jenkins.

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
Yes, and Richmond was a no show in that game. Dre also had a poor game. No doubt Rick is a good coach, and got a lot out of Jenkins.
13 and 9 is a no show? If that's a no show I'm glad we have nobody returning because a lot of guys had games worse than that consistently.

Go look at the stats of both teams scary similar.
Taylor 2-3 Bediako 3-4,
Ledlum and Richmond 3-10,
DAW and Jenkins 5-10,
Dingle 6-13 Dawes 9-15.
Soriano 5-7 Davis 3-10. advantage SJU but the rest are pretty even.
Seton Hall 8-22 from 3, St John's 8-23 from 3.
Bench edge SJU. That's not on KR

Difference was they owned the glass on us. and the charity stripe was 14-21 SHU, 19-20 St Johns. And KR was 7-8 from the line so he didn't kill us there.

Edit: If @shupat08 is liking my post, I really need to be spot on. That guy doesn't like my posts ever.

Reactions: shupat08
Gerald was awesome. But an experienced Sha, Dre, Isaiah with that team would probably have been pretty good too.

SHU fans prize toughness, and none tougher than Gerald.
I loved Greene and his game, especially with the way he blossomed as a senior. But --shame on me-- whenever his name comes up my mind flashes back to that missed one-and-one when we were up by three. I hate that I go there, but I can't help it.

Baloney. And who says he is "making every decision in life" about money? Just one example...money had nothing to do with him leaving Syracuse for us. Is it annoying that he went to SJU? Hell yes. But spineless? Gimme a break. Way, way too judgemental.

Reactions: chickenbox
I had no issue with Whitehead leaving after his sophomore year to cash in but this isn't sitting well with me. The entire situation is wrong on so many levels.

Baloney. And who says he is "making every decision in life" about money? Just one example...money had nothing to do with him leaving Syracuse for us. Is it annoying that he went to SJU? Hell yes. But spineless? Gimme a break. Way, way too judgemental.

Yep, in life people judge you from your actions.

Maybe because he went for less to our crosstown Rival and to play for Slick Rick. He could have went and played anywhere and I could have still rooted for him. At St Johns that is next to impossible.

It still stings right now but I know at some point I will get over it. Maybe the bitterness is do to all the Taylor Swift my daughter makes me listen to in the car.
ShuBall, have your daughter listen to Eddie Grant's Electric Avenue in the car. It will get everyone fired up! 🦆

If we can land an Ezra & Abass combo commitment maybe it will change my tune. Then I can rock down to Electric Avenue, and then will take it higher!, with our new 7-3 Center. Good God

Last edited:
I loved Greene and his game, especially with the way he blossomed as a senior. But --shame on me-- whenever his name comes up my mind flashes back to that missed one-and-one when we were up by three. I hate that I go there, but I can't help it.
Many of us do unfortunately focus on that including Greene himself.

If you're into stabbing people in the back, I agree.
you’re completely viewing this wrong. You didn’t view your college experience as business. Today’s college athletes are in business. He made a business decision. So for you to expect these guys to have the same loyalty as you is just not going to happen because their experience is way different than yours. Yes he could’ve made money elsewhere but God forbid staying within a couple hours of home was important to him. Where else could he have gone Nova, RU, PC, Georgetown, Maryland? You’d have a problem with every one of those.

you’re completely viewing this wrong. You didn’t view your college experience as business. Today’s college athletes are in business. He made a business decision. So for you to expect these guys to have the same loyalty as you is just not going to happen because their experience is way different than yours. Yes he could’ve made money elsewhere but God forbid staying within a couple hours of home was important to him. Where else could he have gone Nova, RU, PC, Georgetown, Maryland? You’d have a problem with every one of those.

I'd be ok with Maryland. Don't transfer to a conference rival, it's that simple.

Kadary was clearly talking to them during our season. You're okay with him talking to a conference rival as we get bounced by them at the Big East Tourney? That seems like a scumbag move and serious conflict of interest. It takes the back stabbing to a whole new level.

I'd be ok with Maryland. Don't transfer to a conference rival, it's that simple.

Kadary was clearly talking to them during our season. You're okay with him talking to a conference rival as we get bounced by them at the Big East Tourney? That seems like a scumbag move and serious conflict of interest. It takes the back stabbing to a whole new level.
You’d be ok with Willard taking a player from Sha??? 🤣 I call BS

It looks like we had interest once he was in the portal. I asked if you have any concrete examples of tampering with a conference player in season like Kadary? People knew Kadary to St. Johns months ago.
They knew Kadary to St. John's months ago. Then why were they praising him all NIT? Crazy

To think nobody knew Posh was leaving Butler before he went into the portal is naive. And in today's world of no rules I'm guessing many schools reached out before he was in the portal. I'm not going to think we played it by the book when likely nobody else did. A true homer fan. I'm sure you have yourself convinced Sha did nothing wrong with the TT phone calls.

They knew Kadary to St. John's months ago. Then why were they praising him all NIT? Crazy

To think nobody knew Posh was leaving Butler before he went into the portal is naive. And in today's world of no rules I'm guessing many schools reached out before he was in the portal. I'm not going to think we played it by the book when likely nobody else did. A true homer fan. I'm sure you have yourself convinced Sha did nothing wrong with the TT phone calls.

Sha violated the rules with TT and we were punished accordingly.

There were no rumors about Posh and SHU until he was in the portal. There were plenty of rumors about Kadary and St. Johns months ago.

Also, did I miss that Posh on our roster?

I know you can talk in circles all day, but IMO Kadary stabbed SHU in the back.

Reactions: Pirate 81

There were no rumors about Posh and SHU until he was in the portal. There were plenty of rumors about Kadary and St. Johns months ago.

And there are no rules today so SJU violated no rules.

LMAO you go in circles so I have to go in circles with the conversation. So now it's ok to go after conference players if you don't land them? You're just being a cry baby. There will be a day SHU has a bigger pot and we will take players from conference rivals. My guess is you'll be thrilled to have what you now call "backstabbers" in South Orange.

We would have to be naive to think there is zero tampering prior to the portal opening. Players commit that day or within a week. Do we think it’s as simple as a few phone calls that make it happen that quickly?

Middleton happened pretty quickly…just sayin.

Reactions: Halldan1
And there are no rules today so SJU violated no rules.

LMAO you go in circles so I have to go in circles with the conversation. So now it's ok to go after conference players if you don't land them? You're just being a cry baby. There will be a day SHU has a bigger pot and we will take players from conference rivals. My guess is you'll be thrilled to have what you now call "backstabbers" in South Orange.

Tampering is a violation of NCAA rules. The ability to enforce the rule is another matter.

You're the queen of hypothetical scenarios. Talk to me when we poach a 1st team all conference player from a rival and I'll be happy to address that scenario.

Until then, Richmond and Pitino is a match made in heaven of questionable ethics.

We would have to be naive to think there is zero tampering prior to the portal opening. Players commit that day or within a week. Do we think it’s as simple as a few phone calls that make it happen that quickly?

Middleton happened pretty quickly…just sayin.

Middleton entered the portal on April 1 and committed on April 24. That seems longer than most sought after players take to commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT