ADVERTISEMENT

Former SHU player hurt in crash

I remember watching him play at the Hall. Originally a light hitting infielder (believe he played SS) who just got better and better as he got older. Played on one of the best teams in the Hall's history. Played with Vaughn and Biggio.

Had a long career in MLB.

Hope that him and his mom weren't injured too badly.

I remember watching him play at the Hall. Originally a light hitting infielder (believe he played SS) who just got better and better as he got older. Played on one of the best teams in the Hall's history. Played with Vaughn and Biggio.

Had a long career in MLB.

Hope that him and his mom weren't injured too badly.

We also went over to see these great games. After he retired I think John Valentin returned to SHU to complete his degree with the thought of broadcasting but he wanted to show his kids how important completing his education was.

I was just thinking the same thing. The article said he and his mom suffered non-life threatening injuries so that's a positive.

I believe they are fine, I did read police suspected John may have had a medical episode that led to the crash, no details were given.

I'm glad they are safe. The man is a class act. I happened to see him and Mo Vaughn at a club in NYC after a Red Sox game and they spent time taking to every person who walked up to them. They were friendly and classy.

When he was on the Red Sox, they were playing the Rays in a spring training game. I walked up to him before the game wearing a Seton Hall shirt and he spent time talking to me. Very friendly and classy. Wish him and his mom a speedy recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT