ADVERTISEMENT

From Section 112

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
This post is best served having it's own thread. I deleted it from its previously position.

Just to start a conversation, I am hopeful but concerned about Khadeen at the point. I absolutely love the kid and have since he came to the Hall. Super player and wants to help the team as much as possible. I'm hopeful that he will learn a lot from last year and improve significantly. Things I'm hoping to see from him are

1) better passing from the PG position - if you watch really good PGs make their passes right at the receivers hands so they can shoot easily or dribble or pass - in watching Khadeen a lot of his passes don't have that accuracy compared to good PGs.

2) Holding the ball too long especially at the end of the game and getting himself into a trouble spot based on the defense - he needs to do a better job of recognizing the other teams D and then figuring out how to direct the offense in a way to take advantage of that - has to be one of the most difficult things for a PG to do - some do it more instinctively than others and I want to see Deano play with more leadership and instinct.

3) When not to defer and take the shot - more in his wheelhouse but during a transition from 2G to PG players will question whether they should getting others involved or when he can take his defender.

I'm sure posters have other observations but I'm hopeful Khadeen turns into a solid PG for us because that would allow other talented players to stay on the court including Powell and Cale in particular.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News