ADVERTISEMENT

Good read on George Kurtz

Kurtz gets very high marks from all that I hear and read.

Are we still I'm assuming trying to get him to donate to the university in some way even if it is not just for BB. Unless he has something against the university . I just don't get it , all millionaires love giving for tax right offs . Something does not add up .Try to invite him to be a guest lecturer to the business school and get creative somehow to get him engaged .

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
We have done everything possible. And will continue to do so.

Some people give and dont want pub. Maybe he gives.

Nil not tax deductible is it?

Some people give and dont want pub. Maybe he gives.

Nil not tax deductible is it?
There are many ways you can donate that are tax deductible . Halldan would be a much better person to answer that . Although Pirate Blue and General university funds I would think are some of the ways .

Reactions: ryebread
The school wants to keep their efforts behind closed doors so there are no negative comments which could hurt the cause.

Trust me, I have tried to get info and have been politely shut down.

Reactions: Harty9
Maybe we can tell him we will start up a racing program with a portion of his donation lol

The school wants to keep their efforts behind closed doors so there are no negative comments which could hurt the cause.

Trust me, I have tried to get info and have been politely shut down.
And the reality is that it should be kept private between the University and any donor, unless they want it made public. That’s very personal.

We don’t have the best history when it comes to prioritizing development, but I would be shocked if many efforts have not been initiated with Kurtz over the years.

Reactions: Seton75
Kurtz' disinterest in the basketball program is a little baffling. At 53 years of age (per the article), he was either a freshman during the Final Four run, or a rising freshman, in which case he would have been around for a couple of Big East tittles, a Final 8 and a couple sweet sixteens. For modern (ish) SHU students, those were the golden years. I knew lots of people in those days who attended and watched every game, even if they had never watched basketball prior to enrolling.

Regarding younger alumni. Many Are One recently honored someone who actually is a proud alum and supports MBB - Bryan Jakovic, who has done very well for himself. Hopefully that bears fruit.

Reactions: setonball46
Kurtz' disinterest in the basketball program is a little baffling. At 53 years of age (per the article), he was either a freshman during the Final Four run, or a rising freshman, in which case he would have been around for a couple of Big East tittles, a Final 8 and a couple sweet sixteens. For modern (ish) SHU students, those were the golden years. I knew lots of people in those days who attended and watched every game, even if they had never watched basketball prior to enrolling.

Regarding younger alumni. Many Are One recently honored someone who actually is a proud alum and supports MBB - Bryan Jakovic, who has done very well for himself. Hopefully that bears fruit.
Apparently he is not a BB fan or even a sports fan . So I would think he would have to be approached to give to the University's general fund . I also as I stated before is I would be to try to get him to be a guest speaker for the business school or whatever. Must lure him on campus to see all the improvements . I believe he has not been back since he graduated .

Kurtz has much bigger issues right now. There will be a tidal wave of lawsuits coming from companies that had significant business interruptions that has also impacted companies they do business with. Business interruption insurance will not cover those losses. It’s quite possible that Crowdstrike will be dead or acquired for pennies on the dollar in a year.

We have done everything possible. And will continue to do so.
At what point though do you quit beating because the horse is obviously dead? Potential small alumni donors would be happy to get any attention at all, which could trickle down and attract even more donors (which as we have seen her, those donations can add up) but the university would rather focus all of their time and attention on a guy who apparently won’t even give them the time of day? That just doesn’t make any sense. Fine if they want to keep chasing unicorns but maybe turn some of that attention toward people who would actually be happy to open their checkbook.

At what point though do you quit beating because the horse is obviously dead? Potential small alumni donors would be happy to get any attention at all, which could trickle down and attract even more donors (which as we have seen her, those donations can add up) but the university would rather focus all of their time and attention on a guy who apparently won’t even give them the time of day? That just doesn’t make any sense. Fine if they want to keep chasing unicorns but maybe turn some of that attention toward people who would actually be happy to open their checkbook.
I have no clue whatsoever of the time and effort spent on attracting any donors. He could be a generous donor and wants to keep it quiet.

You have to do both .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT