ADVERTISEMENT

Good Read

HALL85

All Universe
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Walter-Isaacson/dp/1982181281

Just finished it off…Isaacson does a really good job with perspectives and interviews. Going to read his Steve Jobs biography next.

Musk is the ultimate idealist. It takes a unique individual to work for him, but it’s clearly not for everyone.

Isaacson does shine a light on Twitter and how they were complicit with government agencies and politicians suppressing certain views. That organization needed the band-aid ripped off its woke culture and Musk did one better with an amputation.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Walter-Isaacson/dp/1982181281

Just finished it off…Isaacson does a really good job with perspectives and interviews. Going to read his Steve Jobs biography next.

Musk is the ultimate idealist. It takes a unique individual to work for him, but it’s clearly not for everyone.

Isaacson does shine a light on Twitter and how they were complicit with government agencies and politicians suppressing certain views. That organization needed the band-aid ripped off its woke culture and Musk did one better with an amputation.
I read the Steve Jobs bio which was a great book. It shows Jobs' incredible brilliance and his very big personality shortcomings. Unfortunately, those short comings helped lead to his untimely death.

wondering if there's a job to be musks full time bottom. a lot of demand but i believe in you.

love the blurb here. typical narcissist "i overcame so much to be here" lmao boo hoo. wipe it off the nose.

• Haha
Reactions: sussexcopirate
wondering if there's a job to be musks full time bottom. a lot of demand but i believe in you.

love the blurb here. typical narcissist "i overcame so much to be here" lmao boo hoo. wipe it off the nose.
Can you translate post that in to English?

I read the Steve Jobs bio which was a great book. It shows Jobs' incredible brilliance and his very big personality shortcomings. Unfortunately, those short comings helped lead to his untimely death.
That book was fantastic, will now have to read his Musk book.

Reactions: HALL85
Thanks. Looking forward to that one. Interesting to get some insights on how these tech leaders interact and relationships. Musk and Ellison seem close even though they live very different lives. Gates and Musk (from the book), had a peculiar relationship that started when Gates shorted Tesla’s stock. Then you have Bezos.

Primarily:
- Power grid/charging range limitations.
- I enjoy the driving part of driving. Most cars I’ve owned have been standard transmissions.
- My annual mileage dropped to 12k. No material differences in overall cost and the difference doesn’t matter to me.
- I’m not one to dive into early trends. EV’s are still “new”.
- Haven’t been wowed by any EV body style.

- My wife is less of a fan than me. Heck, we’ve lived in PA for four years and she still hasn’t pumped a tank of gas…no way she will hunt for a charging station….lol

you have such a way with words....... NOT

merge, thoughts on McKinsey survey? 46% EV owners would likely go back to ICE vehicle. That’s surprising especially comparing to other countries.

https://executivedigest.sapo.pt/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/Mobility-Consumer-Pulse-2024_Overview.pdf

The people I would not recommend an EV for are those who don’t have access to charge at home or those who plan to use the car for a lot of long distance trips.
If you’re planning on relying on public chargers, the experience will be frustrating. Doesn’t really surprise me that some people will jump in without doing enough research and thinking they will just use public charging constantly. Though, the majority who purchase an EV stick with them, especially Tesla owners since their charging infrastructure is so much better than the others.

For me, I enjoy the way the cars drive, charging at home and very little to no maintenance.

If my circumstances changed and I needed to rely on public chargers more I’d probably switch back to ICE. I have a lease ending in Dec and assume I’ll be getting another EV.

The people I would not recommend an EV for are those who don’t have access to charge at home or those who plan to use the car for a lot of long distance trips.
If you’re planning on relying on public chargers, the experience will be frustrating. Doesn’t really surprise me that some people will jump in without doing enough research and thinking they will just use public charging constantly. Though, the majority who purchase an EV stick with them, especially Tesla owners since their charging infrastructure is so much better than the others.

For me, I enjoy the way the cars drive, charging at home and very little to no maintenance.

If my circumstances changed and I needed to rely on public chargers more I’d probably switch back to ICE. I have a lease ending in Dec and assume I’ll be getting another EV.
I just thought it alarming that half of US EV owners would go back to ICE, especially since they were early adapters and probably felt the strongest about climate change. I guess the convenience factor outweighs concern about the planet.

I just thought it alarming that half of US EV owners would go back to ICE, especially since they were early adapters and probably felt the strongest about climate change. I guess the convenience factor outweighs concern about the planet.

People buying one may not care much about the environment when they decide to buy one or switch back.

The ford Mach-E was a flop. Overpriced and so many problems with the cars. Only 40% of Mach E owners stick with EVs, but compare that to Tesla who is around 75%. If your jump into EVs was Ford, then you likely have a bad taste in your mouth from that purchase.

The experience of owning one should be the same or better for people to stick with them.

If you can charge at home and typically drive less than 100 miles per day, and wouldn’t use that car for long trips, then I’d be surprised if your experience owning one wasn’t better than an ICE car. If you plan on longer trips, I’d recommend getting a Tesla.

I’ve convinced a few people to get EVs after my experience with them. I gave them my honest advice and they are happy with their purchases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT