ADVERTISEMENT

Great interview with Paul Ryan

I do agree with the thought that Haley would smoke Biden and it wouldn’t be close. If Republicans wanted to sleep easy in November, they’d go that way.

But politicians are generally blind to reality.

He also does the best job of categorizing what is going on politically today. Guy is very smart and astute and that is why he got out. His tribalism comments are so true in describing the entire political landscape.

Reactions: shu09
He also does the best job of categorizing what is going on politically today. Guy is very smart and astute and that is why he got out. His tribalism comments are so true in describing the entire political landscape.
Very good interview…thanks for posting. Bright guy that unfortunately got pushed aside by tribalism, noise and MSM.

Reflecting if this is chicken and egg. Politicians started to focus more on fundraising and less about serving; public loses patience; extremists seize on dissatisfaction and polarization gets worse. Social media and MSM just accelerate the downward spiral taking advantage of those who are mesmerized by hearing their own version of reality.

Very good interview…thanks for posting. Bright guy that unfortunately got pushed aside by tribalism, noise and MSM.

Reflecting if this is chicken and egg. Politicians started to focus more on fundraising and less about serving; public loses patience; extremists seize on dissatisfaction and polarization gets worse. Social media and MSM just accelerate the downward spiral taking advantage of those who are mesmerized by hearing their own version of reality.
How did "MSM" push him out? He sits on the FOX board...a sect of GOP feel he is a RINO

These people lack the integrity to do what is right. When you think about the founding of this country, George Washington could've been President forever. He stepped down and to give power back to the people to elect. Given the option all of these people would make themselves kings if they wouldn't look like a fool for doing so because of the precedent Washington set. We need people who have the integrity to do the right thing on their own. We don't have that. These people exploit social media, the MSM, and anything they can to keep power as opposed to following the example set by people with much less education but much greater love for the country itself.

Such a shame that Mitt and Paul didn't win in 2012. In retrospect, it's the one vote I regret.

lol Paul Ryan has zero pulse on the republican party...wow...this board seems to be the Chris Christie headquarters of ny/nj whitman republicans that have yet to realize they have now transitioned to conservative democrats

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
lol Paul Ryan has zero pulse on the republican party...wow...this board seems to be the Chris Christie headquarters of ny/nj whitman republicans that have yet to realize they have now transitioned to conservative democrats
Conservative democrats, liberal republicans that's probably 80% of the country. Anyone running in that space would win in a landslide. The country is more center than we all give it credit for. Unfortunately neither side can lose the whackos on their side so they play to them because the rest of us in the middle aren't going to fight them like the extreme whackos will.

Reactions: shu09
if it was 80% of the country they would vote that way....Biden wouldnt have dei and trans all within his administration, endless illegals flooding the country, they wouldnt be spending money on endless wars and limiting freedom of speech...america gets what it deserves because they vote for the same polticians that only care about money...trump only cares about money too but he is an outsider and thats why he is a vessel for the common folk

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
if it was 80% of the country they would vote that way....Biden wouldnt have dei and trans all within his administration, endless illegals flooding the country, they wouldnt be spending money on endless wars and limiting freedom of speech...america gets what it deserves because they vote for the same polticians that only care about money...trump only cares about money too but he is an outsider and thats why he is a vessel for the common folk
I know plenty people who hate illegals coming in, all the parents allowing transgender to minors, hate the inflation, but simply won't vote Trump. There's a lot of people who will say Trump has the best policies but won't vote him. And yes we all know he's an outsider. I'd like to know on election day, what percentage of people are voting 3rd party just because they won't vote for these 2 OR will holding their nose while voting for one of these 2. We have 2 highly unliked people by the entire country.

bac, can you believe how uninformed many are in this Life Off the Ship forum?

It’s bewildering the levels of naivety.
From supposed “conservatives” too.

We’re years ahead of them.

I know plenty people who hate illegals coming in, all the parents allowing transgender to minors, hate the inflation, but simply won't vote Trump. There's a lot of people who will say Trump has the best policies but won't vote him. And yes we all know he's an outsider. I'd like to know on election day, what percentage of people are voting 3rd party just because they won't vote for these 2 OR will holding their nose while voting for one of these 2. We have 2 highly unliked people by the entire country.
They are the problem- not DJT.

trump only cares about money too but he is an outsider and thats why he is a vessel for the common folk

Trump is actively trying to kill any immigration deal from occurring to keep it a campaign issue.

"Vessel for the common folk"? He just knows how to play people and their emotions better than any other politician.

The groupthink here wants a totalitarian federal govt. no other explanation

The same folks are shrewd hoops fans , it’s puzzling

Reactions: bac2therac
"Vessel for the common folk"? He just knows how to play people and their emotions better than any other politician.
I disagree. They all know what they're doing. It's why politicans ran right to Jussie Smollett and made something out nothing. It's not about finding facts, it's an opportunity to play on emotions. There's countless examples on both sides.

I disagree. They all know what they're doing. It's why politicans ran right to Jussie Smollett and made something out nothing. It's not about finding facts, it's an opportunity to play on emotions. There's countless examples on both sides.
Most politicians play on peoples fear to make their case. Trump just does it better than that group. He really is not that different.

Oh it's absolutely on both sides, and the only reason Dems want to do something on immigration now as opposed to three years ago is about the timing of politics as well. Trump is just as fake as the rest of them. Campaigning to kill any deal on his biggest issue though? That's worse than most politicians.

Oh it's absolutely on both sides, and the only reason Dems want to do something on immigration now as opposed to three years ago is about the timing of politics as well. Trump is just as fake as the rest of them. Campaigning to kill any deal on his biggest issue though? That's worse than most politicians.
SMH. No on this topic he's not worse than most politicians. The reason issues like guns never go away with a common sense solution is because both sides like the issue. That issue should've been killed years ago. Someone or some group could have come up with a common sense answer to it. You and I could've if we spent a week discussing it and working on it. And there are many other topics that haven't gone away that were alive before Trump came down the escalator. That's just the American way. The main desire of politicians is power and money not leaving the country in a better place than they found it.

SMH. No on this topic he's not worse than most politicians. The reason issues like guns never go away with a common sense solution is because both sides like the issue. That issue should've been killed years ago. Someone or some group could have come up with a common sense answer to it. You and I could've if we spent a week discussing it and working on it. And there are many other topics that haven't gone away that were alive before Trump came down the escalator. That's just the American way. The main desire of politicians is power and money not leaving the country in a better place than they found it.
Manchin and Toomey did just that...two guys that are adults in a room of whining babies. But to your point, it would have solved much of the problem and eliminated a dog whistle issue. In the meantime, more gun deaths and record gun sales.

Now you have open borders, and illegal guns coming into the country and politicians that are instigating civil wars within....ain't no one giving up their gun.

Well then they have no right to complain
..screw them

Policy over potty mouth

Trump is actively trying to kill any immigration deal from occurring to keep it a campaign issue.

Who told you that..Mitch and Mittens...yeah align yourself with yhat and their awful border bill that was all about Ukraine

Now they couldnt continue their grift to Ukraine because most Americans are sick of it lets blame Trump

Who told you that..Mitch and Mittens...yeah align yourself with yhat and their awful border bill that was all about Ukraine

Trump said it himself on Truth Social.

"I do not think we should do a Border Deal, at all, unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people, many from parts unknown, into our once great, but soon to be great again, Country!"

Just be real about it. A border deal now would be a big win for Biden and hurt Trump's chances. That's the only reason why a negotiated deal to give both parties something they want won't happen. He'll just keep saying the deal sucks no matter what it actually says.

Just be real about it. A border deal now would be a big win for Biden and hurt Trump's chances. That's the only reason why a negotiated deal to give both parties something they want won't happen. He'll just keep saying the deal sucks no matter what it actually says.
It's a nice talking point now, but the fact is there should've been no push back on this 7 years ago. There wouldn't have been signs on millions of lawns that say no person is illegal. They ran against this in 2020. I wouldn't call this a big win, but it is a win. Easier to sell if Biden does nothing, but still not a difficult sell that it took only 3 years for Biden to see what Biden ran on was such a disaster and honestly Biden only sees things that impact Biden not every day Americans. If Abbot didn't send immigrants north to impact liberal cities, Biden would've done nothing. Easy to sell Biden has been wrong on this issue for 7 years and only did something because it impacted his supporters, not because it's best for America.

Most politicians play on peoples fear to make their case. Trump just does it better than that group. He really is not that different.
Shame he couldn't do the same for usfl maybe john barron can help

It's a nice talking point now, but the fact is there should've been no push back on this 7 years ago. There wouldn't have been signs on millions of lawns that say no person is illegal. They ran against this in 2020. I wouldn't call this a big win, but it is a win. Easier to sell if Biden does nothing, but still not a difficult sell that it took only 3 years for Biden to see what Biden ran on was such a disaster and honestly Biden only sees things that impact Biden not every day Americans. If Abbot didn't send immigrants north to impact liberal cities, Biden would've done nothing. Easy to sell Biden has been wrong on this issue for 7 years and only did something because it impacted his supporters, not because it's best for America.

Larger legislation can only happen with the right environment. They need broad public support for the issue. Addressing the border has not been a priority for Dems because they believe that issue doesn't matter to their base. Republicans like Abbot made their play to build broader support to the issue and they did it well enough that the environment has changed to the point where Dems need to move on this issue.

That is ideal to get progress, but unfortunately Biden would get some of the credit so now it's less like to happen and we'd have to hope the environment to address the border is the same a year from now.

Trump said it himself on Truth Social.

"I do not think we should do a Border Deal, at all, unless we get EVERYTHING needed to shut down the INVASION of Millions & Millions of people, many from parts unknown, into our once great, but soon to be great again, Country!"

the deal is horrible, they still will allow illegals in and then give amnesty..its bullshit as is the money to ukraine

Larger legislation can only happen with the right environment. They need broad public support for the issue. Addressing the border has not been a priority for Dems because they believe that issue doesn't matter to their base. Republicans like Abbot made their play to build broader support to the issue and they did it well enough that the environment has changed to the point where Dems need to move on this issue.

That is ideal to get progress, but unfortunately Biden would get some of the credit so now it's less like to happen and we'd have to hope the environment to address the border is the same a year from now.
Again I don't think it's a big win for Biden. It's literally Biden going back on what he campaigned on because what he campaigns on is not good in reality. We're voting for someone's vision and ability to make that vision a reality. That reality has to be practical. Just my opinion, the reality of left's vision is whacked. Thankfully we don't hear defund the police anymore but there still are no person is illegal and dei over merit. I believe we have to put forth a vision that the country can be better tomorrow than it is today, but we do that with sweat, guts, and taking risks. Progress is earned, not something anyone should be given so we can call it progress.

Again I don't think it's a big win for Biden. It's literally Biden going back on what he campaigned on because what he campaigns on is not good in reality.

All that matters is getting things done. Any bipartisan legislation passed is a win, especially on a major issue like that. Immigration reform would be a huge win for Biden because it’s something that most of the country wants and not doing enough on the border has been Biden's biggest failure.

I believe we have to put forth a vision that the country can be better tomorrow than it is today, but we do that with sweat, guts, and taking risks. Progress is earned, not something anyone should be given so we can call it progress.

I agree. I think Dems need a much better vision than "Look how bad trump was/is"

I agree. I think Dems need a much better vision than "Look how bad trump was/is"
I think instead of talking about how GREAT America has been and can still be better, the Dems tear down the past so today looks like progress when it's really not. They don't put out pride in the past. Washington choosing not to be king. Lincoln freeing the slaves, Teddy Roosevelt breaking up monopolies, FDR getting us through the Depression and the War. So many things to be proud of, but the focus is on the negatives. Apologize for the language but what shitty way to look at things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT