ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Val, Speak Up or Step Down!

Why is our commissioner so quiet? Is it because she doesn’t want to ruffle any feathers which may hamper her quest for a bigger and better position with the NCAA, another conference or the NBA?
I may be mistaken but she seems a bit introverted. But if she doesn't have the skillset to speak about it publicly, then she should issue a statement on X and other social media platforms and to the news media.

Many many fans and supporters of the Hall, St. John's and Providence are outraged about the snubbing of their schools and their conference. Several Big East coaches have also complained. Several independent commentators and media people have noted how the Big East was screwed.

But the person who is paid to promote and run the Big East conference is completely silent? Why? I have otherwise been a supporter of her, but this to me is inexcusable. There must be a reason or reasons why she has stayed silent. Lack of guts to stand up to these snubs? Unwillingness to criticize people in whose good graces she wants to remain?

Where is the leadership Val? Where is the outrage? What the hell are you thinking?

Much like how sometimes a coach needs to get a technical just to show the players he has their back, this was Val's opportunity to do the same for our BE programs. She failed and failed miserably.

We needed a voice. We needed the captain of the ship to stand up for her crew and we got a neutered, watered down, spiritless trash pile as a statement.

At this point, I wouldn't trust her to lead me to a buffet, let alone trust her with my conference. Terrible optics on this one ruined a lot of years of her hard work, IMO.

Reactions: SOpirate
Val’s 2022 comp was $1,672 million. Dont think we’re getting our money’s worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT