ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Thanksgiving Game 5 Game Thread: Memphis vs. Seton Hall

Memphis player slides on floor, it's a foul??

YES IT IS A TRAVEL YOU BLIND ANNOUNCER -- YOU CANNOT SLIDE ON THE FLOOR. DOES NOT MATTER, YOU HAVE THE BALL, IT IS A TRAVEL.
Dawes gets tripped and loses the ball, Memphis recovers and slides with the ball in possession which is a travel and we get called for the foul. Just awful.
Is there a new rule where you can’t slide on the floor to get a loose ball. The rule has always been you can slide on the floor to get the ball. You cannot roll over or make an attempt to get up.

Is there a new rule where you can’t slide on the floor to get a loose ball. The rule has always been you can slide on the floor to get the ball. You cannot roll over or make an attempt to get up.
Yes you can slide to chase the ball but once you have possession, you have to establish a pivot foot.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Any one notice Coach just casually leaning on the scorers table as it went in? Everyone else celebrating.

Once you’re done sliding. The rule isn’t the split second you have the ball you have to stop your slide. Maybe we think the refs screw us because we don’t know the rules.
Assuming the Internet is right, you are correct and I am wrong on the slide with possession. But they missed the trip and yes it was not intentional but Dawes certainly tripped on something.

Correct. It's only a walk if you try to get up or turn over. Sliding is ok.

Assuming the Internet is right, you are correct and I am wrong on the slide with possession. But they missed the trip and yes it was not intentional but Dawes certainly tripped on something.

He tripped from sliding on the floor or over his own feet. Out of control, which seems to be his MO. Needs to be cleaned up.

He tripped from sliding on the floor or over his own feet. Out of control, which seems to be his MO. Needs to be cleaned up.
His foot banged into the front of the defenders foot looked like toe to toe. You could argue he was out of control but Memphis got the foul calls so many times when it happened the other way. We are gonna be a tired team tomorrow night.

Also, there was one play where the ball went out of bounds off the Memphis players foot. It happened real fast so I get how they missed it in real time. But it was obvious on the replay. Why did the refs not look at the replay?
The refs can't go to the monitor to review that call unless it's in the last two minutes of the game. They can only review timing issues or common/flagrant foul decisions.

Memphis player slides on floor, it's a foul??

YES IT IS A TRAVEL YOU BLIND ANNOUNCER -- YOU CANNOT SLIDE ON THE FLOOR. DOES NOT MATTER, YOU HAVE THE BALL, IT IS A TRAVEL.
I used to sit next to a guy who was a HS and low-level college ref. He would have told me that was not a travel. You can slide if it's with your momentum. If you roll over or try to stand without dribbling, then it's a travel.

Dawes gets tripped and loses the ball, Memphis recovers and slides with the ball in possession which is a travel and we get called for the foul. Just awful.
It didn't look like Dawes made contact with anybody. If, as you say above, his toe hit the defenders toe, that's not a foul (IMO). It looked like Dawes was already off balance and you can't make that call, especially in that spot.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT