ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard...almost

I don't know why he couldn't succeed at Michigan with all the resources in the world.

He wasn't ready for the Michigan job but he's matured since then. It would be interesting if he took another shot at coaching in a major school how he would do.

I always liked Amaker. I thought he was bringing Seton Hall back to the precipice of greatness. How fortunes change because of his selfish and foolish decision to leave Seton Hall to go to Michigan. Could you imagine if he stayed and our team was Andre Barret, Randy Foye, John Allen and Dalembert?

I would take him back. But then again, I want anyone here besides who we have right now.

I would sign up Shamaker to a 10 year contract right now. Anything for a new coach.

Originally posted by hallgrad80:
He wasn't ready for the Michigan job but he's matured since then. It would be interesting if he took another shot at coaching in a major school how he would do.
I guess our only hope is Willard matures and grows into the role.

Originally posted by SOBO1:
I don't know why he couldn't succeed at Michigan with all the resources in the world.
Because he's not a very good coach. Just over .500 at SHU and Michigan, and has found his niche with an unfair advantage in the Ivy League. They were very lucky to beat Yale, and they exit in the first round yesterday, and he's being hailed on this board. Things are really that bad.

Originally posted by donnie_baseball:

Originally posted by SOBO1:
Because he's not a very good coach. Just over .500 at SHU and Michigan, and has found his niche with an unfair advantage in the Ivy League. They were very lucky to beat Yale, and they exit in the first round yesterday, and he's being hailed on this board. Things are really that bad.
Why do you say he's not a good coach? Did you even bother to watch their game against UNC?

Yes and Yes. Harvard looks like a well-coached team to me. I suspect you're holding a grudge because he left Seton Hall for a better job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT