ADVERTISEMENT

He'll be the first president to reach 100 years old in HISTORY.

Happy Birthday President Carter!

After saying that, Carter did some great work with Habitat for Humanity.

But, he was a horrible President and he opinions on foreign policy are atrocious. At times, it seems like he was more comfortable being around our enemies than our friends.

Sorry boomers—but he actually deserves the credit for things wrongly attributed to your boy Reagan.

Anyway, the above narrative is almost entirely wrong. Carter was a deregulator who didn’t increase deficits much, and appointed the Fed chair who beat inflation. Reagan didn’t do much deregulating, nor did he increase defense spending much as a share of GDP — and the USSR didn’t fall because of the arms race. Let’s go through these points one by one.

• Love
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Sorry boomers—but he actually deserves the credit for things wrongly attributed to your boy Reagan.

A disingenuous and an accurate article. Even Democrats agree that Carter was not a good president so you can stop right there.

If you recall, the threat of SDI (Strategic Defense initiative, or Star Wars), forced Russia to back down and ultimately begin negotiating with the US on a nuclear disarmament plan. So yeah, he spent less money, but it was about the strategy not just building up arms, which was the problem.

Let’s just honor someone who showed dignity while President and class/giving back the rest of his life. Happy Birthday!

Try harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROF Ed
Carter failed to inspire and was the victim of many developments outside his control. Every president is dealt a hand. His wasn’t great. And he didn’t play it all that well. I think his much maligned malaise speech was an apt metaphor for his presidency; an inability to have his message resonate with the public.

Lived the rest of his life with purpose.

Happy birthday Mr President.

This is a tribute to a great human being. Probably far superior to most of us. It serves little purpose now to sully his life based on political opinions.

Be better guys!
Every one deserves to be judged on the entirety of his life. I tried to do that.

We know who Jimmy is cause he was pres. He was not a good president. He was still a very good man while he was pres I bet. He just didnt do a great good. That has to be a large part of his story.

Not a great pres. But a great man.

If those helicooters didnt fail on the hostage rescue attempt i wonder if it goes different for jimmy.
One of my old neighbors, an army guy working out of ft monmouth and far from a lib, told me that the copters they used were the wrong ones to work if a desert is involved. I have looked this up on the web many times and never saw this being discussed. Wonder if anyone ever heard this.

This is not a biography on his life. It's a tribute to a man who is a far better human being than most any of us who is about to reach a major milestone.

Maybe step back a little and just appreciate that.
you post these and I responded respectfully. We celebrate him because he was President. A view on his presidency while lauding his life is completely appropriately. Perhaps not to your liking but I was respectful. And for the record I voted for Carter twice.

One of my old neighbors, an army guy working out of ft monmouth and far from a lib, told me that the copters they used were the wrong ones to work if a desert is involved. I have looked this up on the web many times and never saw this being discussed. Wonder if anyone ever heard this.

Never heard that. I believe they were Sea Stallion helicopters and for them to have been selected they would have to have been the recommendation of our combined military leaders. Their value was their capacity, long range and the fact that they launched from an aircraft carrier and would presumably return to one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT