ADVERTISEMENT

Highest Paid Prexy

It's interesting that Nyre's base comp ranked 3rd among NJ private universities, and his total comp is ranked 1st. Nyre had to hit multiple targets to get his total comp up to number one.

When your incentive pay is nearly half your income, you must be doing a great job.

The compensation isn't outrageous considering there are only 363 D-1 university presidents in the US. The President is the most important position for a university. How many salespeople, lawyers, doctors, CEO's and others earn $1MM+? Many more than university presidents.

Sha is earning double what Nyre was. It's all relative.

To get someone the quality of Nyre, you have to pay so his salary package doesn’t surprise me at all. What is concerning is that we couldn’t keep him.

Sometimes incentive clauses are proof of a smart contract negotiation too. Hate the circumstances that lead to nyre leaving

industry standard? He now owns a multi million $ house in Summit thanks to SHU. What industry are you talking about?
The man has been a university President for more than a decade now and has been an accomplished administrator for much longer than that.

He was making north of $700,000 at Iona do it's not like he accumulated all of his wealth at SHU. Shockingly he was making more than the basketball coach at that time.

We also forget he and his family made a gift of $500,000 to the University not that long ago.

Reactions: walshtrips
The larger question is why did he resign? Was it over the Law School theft? Did he disagree with the BOR? I would like some transparency. What was the disagreement?
Lay Catholic college President standard. What else?

Market forces
The man has been a university President for more than a decade now and has been an accomplished administrator for much longer than that.

He was making north of $700,000 at Iona do it's not like he accumulated all of his wealth at SHU. Shockingly he was making more than the basketball coach at that time.

We also forget he and his family made a gift of $500,000 to the University not that long ago.
So why did he resign?

The sabbatical may be standard, but it’s assuming you are coming back after taking the time off?
I think it’s a severance payment disguised as a sabbatical payment. I believe the disagreement with the BOR is related to the purported Law School defalcation. But it’s like pulling teeth to get more info. So much for transparency.

Not if it's a contractual agreement.
That wouldn’t make sense.

The reality was there was a disagreement and the “sabbatical” made the public statement look better. From my view Nyre had done the best job compared to the predecessors since I graduated.

Like I said before, more disturbing that he couldn’t be retained.

Reactions: SHURich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT