ADVERTISEMENT

Hit the weight room Mike Nzei.......

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I see Mike as probably our best hope at the 5. No where close to filling Angel's shoes, but he can board and clean up the glass. Problem will be keeping him on the court since he did get in foul trouble.

I assume this also means our JUCO transfer more than likely plays this year.

This is the day where the Taurean Thompson non committal las year really comes back to bite you in the ass.

Center will have to be played by committee. I now assume Gill, who badly needed a redshirt will play this coming season. Nzei, Ish might also see time there. However. it's going to be very difficult to play either of those two at the PF with a offensively challenged center.

Unless we find a juco out of thin air who has an offensive game I think we will have to play small and fast.

Desi and Sandro (can he play the 5?) will have to play a lot of 4 and it would not surprise me to see our best lineup similar to this.

C Ish/Nzei
PF Desi
SF Cale
2G Carrington/Powell
PG Carrington/Walker

BTW, we really are going hard after Thorpe but I don't know if we're the favorite at this time.

Exactly. In college players don't necessarily play their best positions.

Two recent examples that stand out are playing Desi at the 4 or Carrington at the point.

Center will have to be played by committee. I now assume Gill, who badly needed a redshirt will play this coming season. Nzei, Ish might also see time there. However. it's going to be very difficult to play either of those two at the PF with a offensively challenged center.

Unless we find a juco out of thin air who has an offensive game I think we will have to play small and fast.

Desi and Sandro (can he play the 5?) will have to play a lot of 4 and it would not surprise me to see our best lineup similar to this.

C Ish/Nzei
PF Desi
SF Cale
2G Carrington/Powell
PG Carrington/Walker

BTW, we really are going hard after Thorpe but I don't know if we're the favorite at this time.
Good to hear we're in pursuit of Thorpe. He's been my ideal/realistic best pg option for awhile.
Thorpe, KC, Cale, Desi, Nzei while being able to bring in Walker, Powell, Ish, and Sandro would get me very excited about the season again. We can win with Thorpe at pg, KC at his best position, 4 talented scorers on the court, and depth and more quickness off the bench. Super high pressure defense with plenty of scorers and now some pgs and we got something.

Last edited:

Otis my man has a year of eligibility left - fantastic. Little old, but mature. Oh, not PC's NBA Thorpe. My bad.

Nzei is not a center and never will be. He's listed at 6'7 so he's prob 6'6 or 6'5.5. Who's is the next best player to play center, Sandro, Ish, the 7 ft Juco, or Gill. Of those, who has the best offensive game. They all will need to learn to box out on EVERYTHING

It's also a question of how many players you want out of position at the same time.

Reactions: shupat08
Nzei is not a center and never will be. He's listed at 6'7 so he's prob 6'6 or 6'5.5. Who's is the next best player to play center, Sandro, Ish, the 7 ft Juco, or Gill. Of those, who has the best offensive game. They all will need to learn to box out on EVERYTHING

If you think Nzei is Desi's height, you're mistaken. He's listed at 6'8 on the Seton Hall website and I would say that's fair. Maybe 6'8.5. And he can really jump.

No one is saying he's a center. But I would agree and say he's the best option on the current roster.

2017 Team Photo
http://www.shupirates.com/images/2017/3/8/seton_hall_mbb_2017_team_photo_web.jpg

Reactions: Joe_T
Where's Brodie in all this? That far behind?

Didn't he have 0 points and 0 rebounds in the State Playoffs semifinals? And foul out of another game at Eastside in like 10 minutes? And he didn't play major minutes at Putnam?

Seems like a project. Just like Gill... We may have 3 legit frontcourt players and 2 fountcourt projects on next years roster. Ugh.

Nzei will be the guy.

I bet Ish tries to man up and plays his heart out.

I believe you must have 3 of these 4 players((Carrington, Powell, Cale and Walker) on the court at all times.

Desi is now so key. You almost have to go with a. 1, 2,3 and Desi as a Hybrid 3/4.

They have to push Nzei and Ish to be a 5 combo. Sandro off the bench as a 4.

Don't expect much from either Brodie or Gill and hope that they can provide anything off the bench.

We must excel in the backcourt on offense and hope Desi can play at a very high level.

As much as I like Nzei, he got in a lot of foul trouble last year. It will be difficult for him to play out of position at the 5 for long stretches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT