ADVERTISEMENT

I’m liking our Freshmen……

Coleman has some nice moves to the hoop…great hops. If he develops a mid-range jumper he will be a great offensive weapon. His defense was also pretty good.

Had a laugh though as he missed his third dunk.

Last edited:
I like the potential of both of them. I just want to see them keep developing game by game. Having both of them be solid contributors you can rely on in big east play would be a huge plus for this team. I do worry about both of them on the defensive side of the ball and we all know that’s the more important side of the ball to our coach, which it should be.

Reactions: walshtrips
They played well together today. I was impressed with both... especially with Coleman's energy... 8 boards...13 pts a couple of steals Brown seemed like he was cool calm and collected..... smooth kind of player with a nice passing touch...and he can shoot.

I joked to somebody tonight that Coleman would be the America East Player of the Year.

He looked very solid and comfortable for the most part. I've also liked Brown when he's been given some extended time. I have hopes that he can give us some productive, meaningful minutes this year (six or eight a game would be fine).

Unfortunately some of what we've seen is likely due to the level of competition.

We'll start to get a better idea of what we're about next Thursday and Friday.

He scored doubles but i think his D and rebounding were most impressive. He reminded me of kadary when he rebounded. 8 boards, 2 assts, 2 steals. 1 block
100%. He crashed the boards aggressively and was snagging boards out of his zone at the highest point. He may be the most athletically gifted player on the team. Uses his long arms, is quick laterally and explosive vertically. Has nice ball control on short pull-ups, layups and finger rolls. Right now he's the bench player I trust the most.

Agreed on both Coleman and Brown. I know it's only UAlbany but a very nice start for both. Anyone have an injury status on David Tubek? If he is as good as advertised, these three make for quite a nice recruiting class.

Agreed on both Coleman and Brown. I know it's only UAlbany but a very nice start for both. Anyone have an injury status on David Tubek? If he is as good as advertised, these three make for quite a nice recruiting class.
On the radio broadcast, Gary said he had been cleared for limited practice and that team hoped he’d return in “next few games.” But Sha sounded less pessimistic when Gary asked in post-game. He noted Tubek had been cleared for limited activities but otherwise said “That’s between him and doctors. I don’t know.”

Reactions: TomWall
Have to hedge with level of competition but agree on Brown. Plays within himself, handled the ball well, pesky defender and showed some offensive stuff with his range and opportunistic drives. He made things happen and will be fun to see him develop and how he does against tougher competition.

Reactions: U-Hall
Also love that Sha is giving these guys some playing time. Only way to see what they have and to give them some experience. Big change from prior regime.

Also love that Sha is giving these guys some playing time. Only way to see what they have and to give them some experience. Big change from prior regime.
What are you talking about? Go back and look 2 years ago when we smacked around Yale and no starter played more than 22 minutes. When opportunities were there with lopsided scores we did the same thing. We played our starters the first 9 minutes yesterday. In our first game vs SPU 3 starters played over 35 minutes. When opportunity dictates it play as many times as possible. When it doesn't play your starters and do what you have to do. Not sure how this any different than Willard, Gonzo, Orr, Amaker, etc

Coleman, Brown. Good looking young players.

Good schedule start for us. Get primed with some mid majors and get ready for the big boys during Feast week.
Sadraque had a nice pass to Coleman for a dunk. The offense had more spacing, and the ball and players moved much better with this second unit.

I like all of the newcomers. Hoping Tubek gets healthy soon. If not, it's Sadraque's opportunity to step up.

Reactions: Section112
Any word on Tubek and if he is injured again or some other issue? I see him as having far more upside than Sadraque at the power forward spot.

**Coleman pops. He’s active and highly skilled. Great signing and will be a top player for us. He may already be our best wing player. Love how he skies for rebounds. If the two 2024 signings Felton and Erheriene are at this level relative to their positions, Sha has a nucleus.

**Brown has also impressed me when he’s in, even more than just a good athlete playing an inferior one against these lesser conference foes, rather how he handles the game: Shooting form, passing ability, ball defense. But Sha doesn’t play him against better competition and until that happens who knows? Maybe Sunday is the day.

**You can see the athleticism in NgaNga but he needs A LOT of seasoning. Longer term project.

**Tubek similar to NgaNga, but I’d say is more physical and looks on a sooner schedule to contribute. I could see both being serviceable rotation pieces in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT