ADVERTISEMENT

If I were to hire a coach from the MAAC

will be interesting to see what happens with him. He is clearly ready to make a move up the ladder. However, I think he owes it to Manhattan to stay there for a bit after they took him back after the whole resume mess.

Manhattan definitely could have told him to take a hike, but it was the right thing to do and send a great message to many; fix your issue, do the right thing and then you can get your job back.

Paid off well for all involved.

If he finally gets his degree he should be in high demand. He seems to have done a mea culpa on his having a degree from UK, but that really hurt George O'Leary from ever getting a major HC job again. Maybe Slick Rick sends him a diploma, gives him another endorsement and all is well.

Did anybody actually check if our guy has his degree?

Agree, I wouldn't touch him. Ticking time bomb. Low character, lied on his resume and a hothead. Some program will gamble on him though.

That's exactly how I feel about him, too. He is very reminiscent of Gonzo - a bit more polished, but just oozes slime. Too bad; he appears to be a rising star.

A few minor differences, though. It seems like he interacts well with his players, whereas Gonzo's hated him. Well, at least at Seton Hall. My old student worker at Rider was a PF on the team, and his observation was that Gonzo's players would've gone through a wall for him at Mahattan. And he was on the court with those kids.

There is no doubt that the Seton Hall Gonzo was not the same Gonzo that Manhattan had. He kept all his worse traits, while seemingly losing his best. Maybe if he'd have been allowed out of the house to recruit, things we wouldn't have had to scrape the bottom of the character barrel on so many kids...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Eh. Manhattan was not that good this year, and his best player was a Slice recruit. Still not sold on the guy. I'd take Cluess over him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT