ADVERTISEMENT

The SUPERIOR Team Tore Their Hearts Out!

Hall-O-Daze

All Big East
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
What a finish! Sure shut that crowd up!

Mission completed! So proud of this team. Loved seeing the guys go out with a win! Everything was stacked against them, but they exceeded and prevailed! Credit to ISU, but they were gifted everything, not the least of which were two home games to close out the tournament.

We truly deserved to be in the dance. I hope Sha lets the media know and gives them a piece of his mind. He’s earned it.

That was an amazing game and we should be so proud of this team. I'm not sure why the shots at Indiana St. They deserved it every bit as much as us, tremendous team.
They were a deserving team as well, but the fact that they essentially played the whole tournament as home games makes them a little less sympathetic. Just my two cents.

Indiana st lost the charity game , refs abominable, tv wouldnt shut up about hoosiers and larry bird and the homecourt. they have officially beaten nobody this year. that was a true home game they just lost. imo i think they were also big frauds. if you take out the refs i think st joes was our hardest opponent.

Awesome season awesome game. Thanks for the memories so proud of these guys. All seasons have their ups and downs but I will remember this team years from now for not packing it in, and fighting to win this tournament, for taking out a powerhouse UConn team and 13-7 in a strong big east conference. These guys were a band of brothers.

Indiana st lost the charity game , refs abominable, tv wouldnt shut up about hoosiers and larry bird and the homecourt. they have officially beaten nobody this year. that was a true home game they just lost. imo i think they were also big frauds. if you take out the refs i think st joes was our hardest opponent.
Refs did everything possible to keep this game close until the last possession where they reverted to letting them play like the first 10-15 minutes of the game.

Last edited:
That was an amazing game and we should be so proud of this team. I'm not sure why the shots at Indiana St. They deserved it every bit as much as us, tremendous team.
They bought up all the tickets , played basically a home game(s) and the refs let them get away with holding and clawing!!No hatred they are a good team but they are not Big East caliber!

They bought up all the tickets , played basically a home game(s) and the refs let them get away with holding and clawing!!No hatred they are a good team but they are not Big East caliber!

They would of been right middle of the pack in Big East. I'm not sure why we're taking shots at them for buying tickets lol.

It was a great game between two good teams. Can't we appreciate that?

You must have been a hoot in your grammar school game handshake lines....
That is a good team we beat. It was a fun game to watch. PIRATES!!!

Agreed 100%
St Joseph’s played great and scared me more than anyone else.

Awesome season awesome game. Thanks for the memories so proud of these guys. All seasons have their ups and downs but I will remember this team years from now for not packing it in, and fighting to win this tournament, for taking out a powerhouse UConn team and 13-7 in a strong big east conference. These guys were a band of brothers.
Well said. I agree 1000%!!

We will probably go down in the NET after this win. A big FU to the Selection Committee.

More importantly huge congrats to our team. What a character win. Down 7 crowd against us and we pull it out. Just wow!! So proud of these kids and our coaches!

While we all wanted the NCAA tourney I think the NIT result has done way more for the school and fans than a couple games in the NCAA tourney would have. The last 4 games have seen the most consistent play from the Pirates all year, and I’m not sure we would have been at this level of play after that bad St. John’s loss going into the big tourney. Just my opinion, but it’s been a great several weeks to be a Hall fan. Time for us to all pay it back and give some NIL $. I’ll be on that train tomorrow.

Isu woukd win some BE games imo. They all come back. They play a great game to watch.

We missed some layups. Took some bad threes late. Battled foul trouble. Gave some open threes. But we found a way and put them away.

Indiana State is a good team but in the Big East they would be in the middle of the pack.
I’m not even convinced they would be middle of the pack. Better than DePaul and Gtown? Yes, absolutely. Without question. Better than Xavier and Butler having below average seasons? I don’t know. Equal to them, maybe, but probably not better. Xavier and Butler both got nine conference wins….it’s a stretch to believe State would better or even equal that in this conference. They’d be total fodder on road games.

Why debate ISU’s worthiness as an opponent, or guess how they’d fare in the Big East? That just takes away from our accomplishment.

Let’s just be proud of this program and our University. So proud that these guys gave it their all and won, unlike St. John’s who gave up in the face of adversity!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT