ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time for Israel to harness itself?

Why would they have been targeted? It's very likely a mistake. This is war. Stuff like this happens.

Maybe Gaza shouldn't elect Hamas as its leaders. Maybe Gaza should renounce terrorism and live peacefully. It's sickening how many people excuse Gaza and bash Israel for defending itself. Gazans are complicit in the terrorism against Israel.

Reactions: jmt6762
Mistakes happen and there is collateral damage. But, this is not looking good.

World Central Kitchen said its aid workers were traveling in a “deconflicted zone” in two armored cars branded with the charity’s logo as well as “a soft skin vehicle.”
Despite coordinating movements with the IDF, the convoy was hit as it was leaving the Deir al-Balah warehouse, where the team had unloaded more than 100 tons of humanitarian food aid brought to Gaza on the maritime route,” the group said in a statement.

This looks like it is either purposefully targeting or completely indiscriminate bombing. How did this happen when WCF coordinated their movements with the IDF?

WCK suspending operations...so now starvation of civilians a weapon of war

WCK suspending operations...so now starvation of civilians a weapon of war
Nobody is stopping you from going over there and feeding them. Set up a non profit. Get your Twitter friends to donate to it. Just do it! Stop crying and start sweating, stop talking and start walking.

Reactions: afghan whigs
And still no mention of Hamas surrendering.
Oct 7th was an awful day to the people of Israel.
IDF is right to defend their own country and their citizens. However they have been way to casual in the assaults. 50K civilians and goodwill personnel an ok number for you?

The people of Gaza are complicit in the attack on Israel. They voted for Hamas and endorse their beliefs.

The people of Gaza are complicit in the attack on Israel. They voted for Hamas and endorse their beliefs.
- October 7th was a horrific atrocity and Israel has every right to defend and retaliate against Hamas and get the hostages returned.
- Hamas can surrender and end the fighting in Gaza.
- As you said, the people of Gaza voted in those murderers and are complicit.
- The people of Gaza can also turn on and give up the Hamas locations to save their lives and homeland.
- Where are the other Arab nations? Why aren't they helping?
- Why is this idea of an "aid port" (pier) being implemented now...the war is six months old...no one thought of this idea when it started?
- The most vocal people here are content with protesting and stopping traffic...bunch of snowflakes. Put your money where your mouth is.

Numbers of dead put out by pro Hanna’s group and obviously estimated without confirmation.If you know anything about statistics You would know linear increases of dead by fighters ,civilian men and women has zero probability.There have been a lot of deaths but overestimated particularly the amount of civilians and underestimated the amount of fighters.

Oct 7th was an awful day to the people of Israel.
IDF is right to defend their own country and their citizens. However they have been way to casual in the assaults. 50K civilians and goodwill personnel an ok number for you?
Hamas' unconditional surrender is what's OK for me.

I am pro Israel but the callousness of some posters about this incident is pretty remarkable. This incident is not really about Hamas. You are trying to make it that if you have a problem with this bombing, then you are pro- Hamas. That’s false and inaccurate.

This bombing is completely unacceptable, especially when movements are coordinated with the IDF. IDF is way too good to make this type of mistake. This points to indiscriminate bombing tactics at best. Purposeful bombing at worst.

There is no reason to prosecute the war that way. I understand that innocent people are going to die during this conflict. But, clearly the IDF really has no concern for that. Netenyahu is a huge problem in that area. The sooner he goes the better.

Questioning this type of bombing does not make you pro-Hamas. This is a sign that something is going wrong with how Israel is choosing to prosecute this war. Netanyahu is trying to hide behind this war so he doesn’t have to answer why the military took 8-10 hours to respond the the terrorist attacks by Hamas.

And yet no call for the unconditional surrender of Hamas. Is that pro-Hamas or anti-Hamas?

That is what will make this stop.

Do you really think Israel purposefully targeted the WCK volunteers? What would be their motivation other than what is happening now in terms of increasing anti-Israel sentiment?

It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback from halfway around the world, but IDF and call-ups are stretched thin and the vast majority have never been involved in this type of engagement. The enemy hides among the innocent and the Palestinians are no help in turning over Hamas.

This is more likely to be an incredibly bad mistake that any targeted attack.

And if Hamas surrendered it would have never happened to begin with.

These cowardly terrorists hide behind innocent civilians knowing that the compassion for the innocent will outweigh the anger towards the terrorists. Hamas and every other terrorist organization need to be eliminated from the earth.

If Hamas put down their weapons, the war would end. If Israel put down their weapons, Hamas would attack in full force.

Do you really think Israel purposefully targeted the WCK volunteers? What would be their motivation other than what is happening now in terms of increasing anti-Israel sentiment?

Movements were coordinated with the IDF.
Three separate vans were hit with missiles, and they were not at all close to each other. It looks bad.

Not to say it was absolutely intentional but I also wouldn't argue that Israel didn't want to cut off aid to Palestinians.

Movements were coordinated with the IDF.
Three separate vans were hit with missiles, and they were not at all close to each other. It looks bad.

Not to say it was absolutely intentional but I also wouldn't argue that Israel didn't want to cut off aid to Palestinians.
What would their motivation be to intentionally attack? More likely a horrific mistake.

And we wouldn’t be here if Hamas surrendered.

What would their motivation be to intentionally attack?

Discouraging aid so the people there leave.

More likely a horrific mistake.

Three targeted hits that were not close to each other within a "deconflicted zone"?

I'd buy that Israel had intelligence suggesting that these vehicles were carrying terrorists or weapons over believing that Israel just messed up with three strikes separated by 1.5km. No reason to believe Israel would just happen to make a "mistake" like that.

And we wouldn’t be here if Hamas surrendered.

Israel absolutely has the right to defend themselves and they should rid the world of Hamas with the assistance of their allies. I think the issue is that while we can all agree with that goal, citing a number of innocent Palestinians we're ok with dying for that goal may be very different than Israel's.

It's a tough topic and I certainly don't have any answer. I don't think anyone does because there are just too many on both sides that just want to wipe the other off the face of the earth. Peace seems like it will never be an option.

Discouraging aid so the people there leave.

Three targeted hits that were not close to each other within a "deconflicted zone"?

I'd buy that Israel had intelligence suggesting that these vehicles were carrying terrorists or weapons over believing that Israel just messed up with three strikes separated by 1.5km. No reason to believe Israel would just happen to make a "mistake" like that.
That’s what I meant by tragic mistake. Killing aid workers on purpose to discourage aid makes no sense considering the consequences.
Israel absolutely has the right to defend themselves and they should rid the world of Hamas with the assistance of their allies. I think the issue is that while we can all agree with that goal, citing a number of innocent Palestinians we're ok with dying for that goal may be very different than Israel's.
No one is saying there is an okay number.
It's a tough topic and I certainly don't have any answer. I don't think anyone does because there are just too many on both sides that just want to wipe the other off the face of the earth. Peace seems like it will never be an option.
Not an easy answer but this was initiated by inhumane murders and atrocities on October 7th by Hamas. They knew their actions would have consequences. They are choosing to use Palestinians as human shields and refusing to surrender.

Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?”

“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?”

He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

• Wow
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?”

“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?”

He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.
So you’re 100% pro life.

I’m very pro Israel and they had every right for the initial response, but it’s to the point where it’s becoming out of control. It is time for peace

Reactions: silkcitypirate
How about Hammas release all the hostages and Israel grants a cease fire.Hammas reportedly sexually abusing women hostages which should come as no surprise.Pro Palestine protestors and a majority of people on Gaza want Israel gone so thinking a two state solution can work long term is delusional.

I’m very pro Israel and they had every right for the initial response, but it’s to the point where it’s becoming out of control. It is time for peace

Ok, so tell Hamas to release the hostages and surrender. We have seen this play out over and over again. Hamas attacks Israel responds and people cry about civilian casualties and demand a ceasefire. Israel obliges and then Hamas attacks again months or years later and the cycle restarts. No more. Time to end Hamas and not let them choose where and when to attack again.

Reactions: HALL85 and SPK145
Ok, so tell Hamas to release the hostages and surrender. We have seen this play out over and over again. Hamas attacks Israel responds and people cry about civilian casualties and demand a ceasefire. Israel obliges and then Hamas attacks again months or years later and the cycle restarts. No more. Time to end Hamas and not let them choose where and when to attack again.
But ending Hamas might require the bombing of Columbia University.😁😁😁

Reactions: HALL85
Time to end Hamas and not let them choose where and when to attack again.

Is that possible?
Assume there are 40,000 members of Hamas and Israel kills all of them. Does Hamas end?
If Israel kills tens of thousands of Palestinians to accomplish the goal of rooting out Hamas, does the next generation of Palestinians not grow up hating Israel?

I don't see a way this will ever end unless Israel can convince the people in Palestine to hate Hamas more than they hate Israel.

Is that possible?
Assume there are 40,000 members of Hamas and Israel kills all of them. Does Hamas end?
If Israel kills tens of thousands of Palestinians to accomplish the goal of rooting out Hamas, does the next generation of Palestinians not grow up hating Israel?

I don't see a way this will ever end unless Israel can convince the people in Palestine to hate Hamas more than they hate Israel.

Hamas controls education has already been brainwashing generations to hate jews. As soon as Hamas got into power they proceeded to spend millions on miles of underground terror tunnels and weapons. Zero effort towards peace. Allowing Hamas to stay in power is madness

Reactions: Gohall129 and shu09
Is that possible?

You are on to something. But Hamas is not the only Arab group wanting to disembowel Israel. Iran would be the real place to start. Somehow the Iranian mullahs must be overthrown by their own people for there to be a chance for real peace in the region. I can't for the life of me understand Biden's soft approach on Iran.... well, maybe his green policy had something to do with it.... but I digress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT