ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

Bingo. Watch how fast Richmond’s tweets end with the hashtag #NoBull

Repole along with Tom Brady and the original founders have sights set on taking that apparel company to the next level in sports apparel.

Was sponsor of the NFL combine this year.
Yes, but make no mistake that the offer was 100% contingent on transferring to $JU. This was purely a financial decision for Richmond and the truth is he can't be blamed for that, even if the way the Fighting Repoles went about it was sleazy as shit.

Reactions: LBP43
Because he would have been one of the all time greats at SHU, and we couldn't compete to keep him from going to a rival.

Would certainly be more embarrassing if we can sweep them against this year in the regular season, but for now... optically it's bad.
Ok calm down. He would not have been “one of the all time greats” he didn’t even win a tournament game!! It’s not embarassing for a billionaire to foolishly spend more money than you. What would be embarrassing is to applaud the guy who left you for more money when he returns to your arena

Imagine the budget you must have if you can afford to allocate $1 million + each to, not one but, two point guards! But it's the reality we face. At least I can take solace in the fact that collecting a fantasy team of all-stars, while increasing your odds, doesn't necessarily guarantee success. St. John's, unlike UConn, hasn't accomplished anything yet.

I do trust that our coaching staff will continue to find diamonds in the rough, while shopping in the clearance aisle. Look you can find some "dogs" in that aisle, players with chips on their shoulders. Coach Sha has earned his mettle thus far getting his players to work hard and buy in to what he is trying to accomplish. That's the mentality we have to have. At least, I think we will have a team you can easily root for.

I’m sorry Kadary’s comments on his commitment seals the deal for me…. He is enemy number 1 next season…. St. John’s was in his ear months ago, no doubt about it….. funny thing is basketball wise he’s not the type of player pitino likes in a guard, but oh well

The words he is using is utterly a joke.
First off if it wasn't for this extra covid year stuff he'd be graduated out of eligibility..

This is the worst possible outcome I could imagine. I kept on saying to myself “no Duke will come through” I can’t stand slick Rick and the Slimeballs from Queens. I know it was about the money. But…..ugh!

Home game is going to electric, get you popcorn ready!
Milwaukee Bucks Popcorn GIF by NBA

Reactions: The Crows Nest
No it's not. There's 1 billionaire St. John's fan that wanted so desperately to get one over on Seton Hall that he was willing to pay whatever it took to poach Kadary. SHU matched as far as it made sense, then told the kid to hit the portal and go get his money.
Does the average fan know that though? Its a bad look

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Yes, but make no mistake that the offer was 100% contingent on transferring to $JU. This was purely a financial decision for Richmond and the truth is he can't be blamed for that, even if the way the Fighting Repoles went about it was sleazy as shit.
Correct: Repole on record saying his dream job growing up was to coach St. John’s basketball and NIL gives him a way to play a major part in SJU basketball. Father Shanley knew bringing in Pitino would get Repole back in the fold after past presidents screwed that up royally.

He is paying players and part of the contract is for them to advertise NoBull merchandise to draw in teenagers.

See David Wright and 50 Cents for Vitamin water in mid 2000s
See Kobe Bryant and Mike Trout for Body Armour in mid 2010s

It's going to be funny when we beat SJU twice next yr, and Slick Rick, "states after the loss, SHU played harder then us and wanted the win more,".

Reactions: Bfarkas
Correct: Repole on record saying his dream job growing up was to coach St. John’s basketball and NIL gives him a way to play a major part in SJU basketball. Father Shanley knew bringing in Pitino would get Repole back in the fold after past presidents screwed that up royally.

He is paying players and part of the contract is for them to advertise NoBull merchandise to draw in teenagers.

See David Wright and 50 Cents for Vitamin water in mid 2000s
See Kobe Bryant and Mike Trout for Body Armour in mid 2010s
Yes, that's not the issue. The issue is with recruiting him off SHU's roster long he entered the portal. I'd say hopefully the NCAA brings tampering charges and blasts the SJU program back to the stone age, but we all know they're afraid to enforce anything these days.

Yes, that's not the issue. The issue is with recruiting him off SHU's roster long he entered the portal. I'd say hopefully the NCAA brings tampering charges and blasts the SJU program back to the stone age, but we all know they're afraid to enforce anything these days.
There is no more tampering in NCAA. It is Wild Wild West.

Bill Self, Dan Hurley and Scott Drew talked to players all year long who were not on their rosters. If you think otherwise we’ll then I don’t what to tell you

When has a big east school have its first team all big east player leave for another school the next yr? Is the Hall the first? It's embarrassing

It's the new world order in college hoops. All about the Benjamins. Let him go do what's best for him in his own mind even if it differs from our perspective. Thank him for three great years and move on. Booing him serves no purpose for us as Setonia fans. He's essentially dead to us but still delivered a "nitty." We have to move forward with the team Sha is assembling. Let's go beat the Johnnies like we have for years and serve up our revenge on the scoreboard.

Reactions: Flnj86
Bigger than booing KR, kick the shit out of SJU on the court. If a SHU fan see's Repole at the the Prundtial Center knock that wimp out. (All the SHU fans in the area can say it was done in self defense).

Reactions: Piratz
Ill boo SJU. Its,free,agency in the modern world of sports. Lets,get behind Seton Hall and assemble the best roster possible,

I rooted hard for Tyrese at Florida this year.
I will root hard for Dre at Ole Miss this year.
I was looking forward to rooting for Kadary, whether it was at Duke, Kentucky or Oklahoma.
I cannot root for him at St Johns
I will not boo him after all the memories he gave me.
Like every year I hope St Johns loses every game.
Hope to see him in the NBA.
I appreciate that I got to watch him play and he made SHU better -- There was very little to keep him at Hall with his Team-mates leaving and his "handlers" pushing for $$.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
As they say - I’m not mad, just disappointed(x10).

What are the chances he sits out one or both games against us due to general soreness?

This is the worst possible outcome I could imagine. I kept on saying to myself “no Duke will come through” I can’t stand slick Rick and the Slimeballs from Queens. I know it was about the money. But…..ugh!
Duke would not be the "plant " at the auction --Good for them
Despite being disappointed , I believe KR going to ST Johns is really good for the BIG EAST--
Does more to promote the BEAST than Val has done during her tenure.

Last edited:
When your girlfriend breaks up with you it sucks.

When they begin to date someone else, it sucks even more.

When they date your friend immediately after, it’s brutal.

There’s no coming back from that for the girlfriend or the friend.

Kadary has gone against the family and is persona non grata

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT