ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry on Assane Mbaye

Jerrys examples of the st pats pipeline show how weak it has been. I think 2 were full time st p kids who came here out of hs.

Think this pickup is a good thing. Look forward to seeing how he plays this year.

Reactions: TomD82 and shupat08
How's Jerry not mention Dalembert?
Anyway we did pretty good with 2 recent raw 7 foot shot blockers named Gill and Obiagu wouldn't you say?
Not sure how they compare, given they had more experience (on higher levels) and offers for that matter. Happy to have Mbaye as a 13th scholarship, would be surprised if he does any more than Muhammaed or Arda in a game but certainly rooting for him.

Reactions: ivyhillparkk1963
I heard he could kick the rim with his foot. Enjoyed watching him play at St Pat's and SHU.

Back then I snuck into the Aux Gym to watch a team pickup game. I paid for an alum subscription to use the facilities. But not the Aux Gym.

In the short time I was there before I got the boot, Sam have about 15 blocks in 20 minutes. No one could get a shot of in the paint.

Reactions: SHUSource
I actually like that he’s older. For a big guy, maturity can really accelerate development.

I think this guy could contribute by sophomore year if he hangs around.

I love a rim protector, visions of Ro Gill. Obviously he will be a project but having a 7'3" air craft carrier creating a no fly zone inside is intriguing. Let's see if Sha can work some magic.

Reactions: PF58
So how many spots do we have ships available for? I have lost count. Seems Like we still need a few good veteran players to round out the roster.

Who played center for The Patrick School?

Liked 2 plays in particular. The block when the guy was driving and he blocked it in stride and when he caught the ball ala Bill Russell. Of course he might have blocked 3rd string guys.

I am hopeful till I see reasons not to hope.

I don't expect him to play many minutes this season. But he will really help the team in practice with his size and seemingly athleticism and quickness.

He'll need to bulk up but he has the potential in a year or two to be a force.

In HS these tall centers are going up against 4 highly athletic guards at times and are not used as much in HS as in college. If he can be an asset on D then he will see some time as a backup.
The hard part with all new players is that, in the OOC, they all need as much time on the court as possible in order to get everyone to gel.

Reactions: Flnj86
Patrick School played a very good schedule, so Mbaye played vs very good talent. He also practiced vs very good talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT