ADVERTISEMENT

Jets fire Saleh!

The Crows Nest

All World
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
A bit of a surprise, even with all of the noise calling for change; season on the brink would be a MASSIVE understatement.

What do they do now? Elevate Ulbrich? Rex? Belichek? JK on that last one....I think anyway...

But, given we made our bed with Rodgers...and given that Hackett so far hasnt been shown the door with Saleh, which in my mind he should be....how do you salvage a "win now" season?

It's going to be Nathaniel Hackett, since he's 1. Aaron Rodgers' guy and 2. He's the only one with HC experience on the staff. EDIT: It's Jeff Ulbrich. I can't remember the last time any NFL coach came in from outside the organization and took over a team, let alone did it successfully.

I wanted Saleh fired and Ulbrich moved up this past offseason so I am very happy with this move. Never been a big Saleh fan. Try winning some games before printing tshirts with stupid slogans and toxic positivity yet jumping to throw people under the bus and make excuses every time. He's done nothing but lead this team "All gas no brake" right off a cliff.

Woody going rogue after being embarrassed in the UK with all his stuffy big money ambassador buddies watching is entirely predictable.

Just let Rodgers call the plays himself and have Hackett as his designated Coffee gofer since that's all he's good for anyway.

Fun fact: The last time the Jets fired a coach in-season? Only once before, firing Charley Winner in 1975 after a year and a half as coach. They hired Lou Holtz the following year which was an even bigger disaster when he bailed after 13 games to run back to college.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT