ADVERTISEMENT

John Fanta Part 2

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

By Zack Cziryak

TROVE: You talk about this roster, and I can say I'm intrigued after it's all shaken out with maybe the NIL budget being spread out across a greater number of contributors compared to concentrating on a few great/more expensive players. Is this the way Holloway wants to build a roster in this day and age?

FANTA: “I think this upcoming year's team is how he likes to construct his teams. He's got depth. Garwey Dual is a really talented combo guard who's got high upside. Chaunce Jenkins had a good run at ODU and is going to help his team on the perimeter in a big way. Scotty Middleton, I think the sky is the limit for Scotty. I think Scotty Middleton was a money, money addition by Shaheen Holloway and his staff. That was a dead-on, great fit, a kid that was previously recruited by the Hall. 6’7”, looking for something to prove, chip on his shoulder. I think he's got an incredible amount of potential. Prince Aligbe, another role guy at 6’7”, another wing, power forward-type that's going to be a good player for this team. You go right down the roster and Yacine Toumi to me was as good of a late, late addition in the portal that you'll see for anybody. This is a guy that coming over from Evansville was averaging 11 [points] and 7 [rebounds] per game, a couple of assists per game. Smooth game, high IQ - I really like the fit there. What am I saying? There's depth. There's a lot of depth on this roster. And they need Isaiah Coleman to fully blossom here. And they need Dylan Addae-Wusu to be a leader here. I think that that's important as well. But when you go up and down this roster, I see talent. I see length, I see versatility. I think that this is a Seton Hall team that's got to be really happy about where they stand, and I think that for Shaheen Holloway, I think that this is how he wants to build his teams. Now, does he want to have to replace nearly the entire roster year to year? No, no, that's not the goal here at all. But the way he built his roster is the way that I think he likes to build his teams.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.