ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Patton

Not surprised, but if there ever was a guy who I think could use one more year in college it's him. He has lottery talent, but was very underwhelming when he had to create or make shots on his own. That will not fly in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong, but he needed one more year to work in his overall skills and to gain strength.

I thought Patton seemed to fizzle out down the stretch of this past season. Is he still projected as a 1st rounder?

Not surprised, but if there ever was a guy who I think could use one more year in college it's him. He has lottery talent, but was very underwhelming when he had to create or make shots on his own. That will not fly in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong, but he needed one more year to work in his overall skills and to gain strength.
I'm sure he will be drafted in the lottery or close to it and will not be expected much from him right off the bat. He will get top level coaching while also making 7 figures. If he's skitters pick how can you tell the kid not to?

I'm sure he will be drafted in the lottery or close to it and will not be expected much from him right off the bat. He will get top level coaching while also making 7 figures. If he's skitters pick how can you tell the kid not to?

I would not tell him not to do it, but I think he could use one more year in college to develop, that is all.

I would not tell him not to do it, but I think he could use one more year in college to develop, that is all.
I hear you, but if I could get drafted by a team that will give me time to develop while making a mil or 2 I'd do it

I 1000% agree. It is common sense. He can work on his shortcomings while earning a million or more. It's a no brainer.

No brainer. Plenty of bigs can't create their own shot in the NBA. Being able to throw down an alley-oop is good enough to start.

$$$$.

If you are slated in the top half of the 1st Round it's a no brainer IMO, especially when you are still soldily in the "potential" camp. Maybe he would really progress with another year in college, but there is always the risk he doesn't and slips lower in the 1st round (our out). There will be the next crop of "potential" guys next year... Take the $ IMO.

This is the draft slot scale from 2016.

Salaries-for-2016-First-Round-Picks.jpg

A good chance to get 8 figures in total comp? You gotta go.

Big time talent. Will develop nicely in the NBA. You have to do this if you're Patton.

Plenty of these kids could use more time to develop. Still makes sense to grab the money when you can.

I get the feeling he will have a hard time in the nba. Hopefully he lands on a team that can give him pt and have patience. Lots of raw skills and athleticism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT