ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping It Classy

Wow, that is unreal. As much as I wish KW's time at The Hall was coming to an end, I would never get involved in a chant about it at a Seton Hall game let alone at one of his kids games. That is really too bad and a shame.

Those Pirate fans dressed as Indiana fans really let him have it! What a rotten bunch!

Originally posted by sportsfantatic44:
And the media blames Seton Hall fans for being too tough on Willard.....
Where did this happen?

At least only the first sentence applies to us....at the moment anyways.

"Message boards are filled with dudes clicking the refresh button like someone's about to post winning lottery numbers for the next decade, all in the hopes of finding some probably-just-conjecture morsel of information that will lead to some self-created assurance that Indiana will have a new basketball coach next season. The atmosphere at last Tuesday's Iowa game was downright toxic, and now some individuals have resorted to blasting and ridiculing him at his son's sporting event. Good job."[/I]

Read the article posted in the first thread. That is too bad. Not classy at all.

This line in the article sounded like a site I know. "Message boards are filled with dudes clicking the refresh button like someone's about to post winning lottery numbers for the next decade, all in the hopes of finding some probably-just-conjecture morsel of information that will lead to some self-created assurance that Indiana will have a new basketball coach next season."

There is never an excuse that justifies the criticism becoming personal ,and it should never be directed at a coachs' family. It is fair game to evaluate as a fan a record especially over a period of time ,but never is it justified in attacking him or his family.Many of us had high praise for coach Willard's behavior following the Gonzo debacle and there is no need to forget that period. There are areas that Kevin has performed well, and keeping the criticism on the overall record is fair game. Making it personal is way over the line. Frustration can be voiced without the rancor of name-calling etc.

This board is pretty toxic. KW called a Rat. Some "fan" stalking the Coach trying to see if his house is for sale. If memory serves me, a Player called a "scab" and some accused of lacking BE talent. And much more. And all done anonymously. Mother Seton and Richie Regan must be spinning. There is no civility nor much class.

A joke? Forgive me if I fail to see the humor. Just because you end every post with a ;), doesn't mean it's funny.

Nobody can be as funny as you. ;););). Look at the thread. Could care less if you find my humor funny but it was not meant as anything other than kidding around. Another ignore for me. ;)

This post was edited on 3/10 12:24 PM by Jerry1992

Jerry is an infant. Hoping he was born in 92, and not graduating.
---------------------------------------------------

;)

Thanks. Anyone can review the popkin thread from a few days ago to see for yourself. I am not wasting time explaining anything. Appreciate the kind words and glad someone has common sense. Really do not care whatever the three posters above state. Not worth reading nor responding. Great thing about ignore button. Recommend it to others. Enjoy the game. You are a one of the many classy poster. Too bad a few need to ruin it for others. I will take after jc88 and take a much needed break after this post. Really do not need the aggravation that comes along with this board. Go pirates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT