ADVERTISEMENT

KR/Dre vs Middleton/Gual - If you were a betting man.

mspaeth

All Big East
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2004
My guess is that by the end of the season this year, you will have to make a tough choice about which duo to take.

I would take the risk now and choose Middleton/Gual. Who would you take considering the following?

KR/Dre - Cost - $2MM+ (last year of eligibility)

Dual/Middleton - Cost - $700K (2 year of eligibility left)

I think KR won't know how to deal with the competition at PG....he will be pushed over to SF, with reduced minutes. For most of his life, he was the alpha and called the shots...on where he played and how many minutes. Now he took the money and he has no real say with Wilcher and Devion Smith at PG. ( Full disclosure - He is my all time favorite SHU player).

Dre - Without KR he is not that good. With KR he had wide open 3's and could isolate at will. KR made everyone so much better especially Davis. Davis owes KR about 600K of the 800K he got paid.

Garwey Dual - Hand him the ball at PG and give him 20-25 minutes. Who knows what the heck will happen - One of the Top 10 Most talented basketball players at SHU in the past 20 years. Mini KR, KR Imposter or Younger/Better KR?

Middleton - Give him the Dawes/Harris GreenLight. Could shoot 40% from 3 with 6 attempts per game. Better player than Dre Davis....but Davis had great numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.