ADVERTISEMENT

Last nights Big East scores

CL82

All Big East
Oct 31, 2002
Not that any of these wins are unexpected, but four out of seven teams were in the 90s. It could be a wild ride in the Big East this year.

img_0740-jpeg.92815

img_0741-jpeg.92816

You really think MSU is overrated? Genuine question.
For me, as a fan, if Seton Hall lost the sky would be falling as we shouldn't lose to inferior talent. On the other hand we see big schools lose early in the season all the time to lower talent then rebound to have great seasons.

So to answer the question too early to tell and Izzo is notorious for getting his teams ready to play come tournament time.

If Rutgers was truly a Big Ten school, they would not have lost to Princeton. Yes, Princeton is a good team, but Rutgers was supposed to be the better team. Whatever happened to their prize recruit, Gavin Griffiths.

Obviously to early to tell but why should this year be any different than the last 4
Michigan State was a 7 seed last year and went to the Sweet 16. They've been to like a billion straight NCAA tourneys. We should be so overrated.

I agree with you the Big 10 for various reasons does get overrated it seems on an annual basis as a whole. But I don't usually lump Izzo and MSU in with some of those teams who benefit it getting a bump from the league.

Reactions: SOpirate
For me, as a fan, if Seton Hall lost the sky would be falling as we shouldn't lost to inferior talent. On the other hand we see big schools lose early in the season all the time to lower talent then rebound to have great seasons.

So to answer the question too early to tell and izzo is notorious for getting his teams ready to play come tournament time.
I get not wanting to lose to inferior talent, but it is one game. If we had Izzo and MSU's roster, I wouldn't be worried yet.

If Rutgers was truly a Big Ten school, they would not have lost to Princeton. Yes, Princeton is a good team, but Rutgers was supposed to be the better team. Whatever happened to their prize recruit, Gavin Griffiths.
The little ten is always overrated. Rutgers is a legend in their own mind. An overrated match made in heaven! No one, including Princeton, should ever go into a game against Rutgers and think they will lose.

I recall at the beginning of last season reading on the RU board that RU was now the northeast power since it had eclipsed UConn , SHU and SJU. One can’t make that up.

• Haha
Reactions: SOpirate and CL82
I hate to say the guys that want to jump ship... UConn looked great.
Agree cams555 and so did Marquette and Providence-- kinda expected. The real surprise was how good Butler looked. Very interested in seeing Creighton and GTown tonite and Johnnies a must watch too ( tho i do not think Johnnies have superb talent)
I picked Nova to win Big East and now have doubts.

Reactions: CL82
Lol you're talking about Rutgers who famously did this...

Rutgers_20image.0.jpg

Rutgers tries to recruit using the financial success of Connecticut players

Nothing like trying to capitalize on the success of those 'Rutgers greats' Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Shabazz Napier and Jeremy Lamb. 😂
Years (and years) ago when I worked in sports information, I remember spending some time over the summer writing coaches' bios for the football program, and we stretched just about every tenuous connection to anything that seemed "big time" to what I always thought was the breaking point. And this is about a thousand miles past any of that!

This is easily the weakest piece of athletics propaganda I've ever seen.

Michigan St already proving BIG = overrated

I get not wanting to lose to inferior talent, but it is one game. If we had Izzo and MSU's roster, I wouldn't be worried yet.
December 30, 1999 - Wright State 53 - Michigan State 49

April 3, 2000 - Michigan State 89 - Florida 76 - National Championship Game

Stuff happens sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dehere23 and CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT