ADVERTISEMENT

Lawson Brothers

hallfan101

Freshman
Feb 15, 2013
Just saw the Lawson brothers are transferring from Memphis. Would it be smart to pursue Dedric Lawson? As a Sophomore this season, he averaged 19 points and 9 boards a game so almost a double double. To have him come in and sit out a year, and to be around when Delgado graduates would be perfect timing.I also saw they have a 5th year senior who would be eligible immediately who averaged 12 ppg, named Markel Crawford.

Just saw the Lawson brothers are transferring from Memphis. Would it be smart to pursue Dedric Lawson? As a Sophomore this season, he averaged 19 points and 9 boards a game so almost a double double. To have him come in and sit out a year, and to be around when Delgado graduates would be perfect timing.I also saw they have a 5th year senior who would be eligible immediately who averaged 12 ppg, named Markel Crawford.
We'd have to hire and overpay Daddy Lawson, but if our athletic department is cool with that, then I guess we could pursue the brothers.

19 and 9 is legit
That is what I am saying! If we got a transfer of that caliber to come in, and be ready for when we lose ISH and Angel plus if we got a few more good recruits in 2 next years we wouldn't have to worry about "rebuilding" as much with guards such as Powell and Cale.

Do it! They also have a younger brother who is a 5 star 2019 i believe
2 younger brothers who are 5 stars. That's 4 Top 50 players for the price of one Daddy! They originally agreed to go to Memphis when Pastner hired their Dad as a coach. When he left and Tubby came in he switched Dad to a Personel job. KJ Lawson just made a tweet saying "I know I deserved more I just never said it, 2 middle fingers as I make a exit". Great players but might be some baggage attached.

its a long shot but why not..what do we have to lose

not like hiring a dad is uncommon...missouri just did it

2 younger brothers who are 5 stars. That's 4 Top 50 players for the price of one Daddy! They originally agreed to go to Memphis when Pastner hired their Dad as a coach. When he left and Tubby came in he switched Dad to a Personel job. KJ Lawson just made a tweet saying "I know I deserved more I just never said it, 2 middle fingers as I make a exit". Great players but might be some baggage attached.[/QUOTE
I see what you are saying, you also have to consider the impact this could have on team chemistry. Do not want another Whitehead/Gibbs/Sina scenario.

The million dollar question...how confident is the staff in getting a solid class of 2018? A lot of confidence, it's not worth the baggage. No confidence you may have to take the risk. I'm more of a fan of the idea of using all your chips on Duval and a solid 2018 class. Do whatever it takes to get Duval here and promote the idea that we are preseason top 10 to every 2018 recruit we are after.

2 younger brothers who are 5 stars. That's 4 Top 50 players for the price of one Daddy! They originally agreed to go to Memphis when Pastner hired their Dad as a coach. When he left and Tubby came in he switched Dad to a Personel job. KJ Lawson just made a tweet saying "I know I deserved more I just never said it, 2 middle fingers as I make a exit". Great players but might be some baggage attached.
I'm wondering if GTech and Pastner have an assistant coach position left. If so one can assume GTech is the likely destination for the Lawson family.

Dont take this the wrong way, but why would they go to the Hall? Was Seton Hall in on their initial recruitment?

Dont take this the wrong way, but why would they go to the Hall? Was Seton Hall in on their initial recruitment?
That doesn't matter. Transfers look to a program they can maximize their 1-2 short remaining years left. It becomes all about the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT